• Help Support TNDeer:

Blackhorn 209 powder

7,000 grains to a pound so 8 ounces is half that or 3,500 grains. 100 grains by volume of Blackhorn weighs 70 grains. 3,500 divided by 70 equals 50 shots per jug. I think several retailers are getting Blackhorn in now. Hodgdon was supposed to start shipping in August. Natchez, midsouth and Powder Balley had it and one was offering free haz mat with 99$ order but can't remember which. Shop around!
So- how many seasons will 50 shots last most hunters?
7,000 grains to a pound so 8 ounces is half that or 3,500 grains. 100 grains by volume of Blackhorn weighs 70 grains. 3,500 divided by 70 equals 50 shots per jug. I think several retailers are getting Blackhorn in now. Hodgdon was supposed to start shipping in August. Natchez, midsouth and Powder Valley had it and one was offering free haz mat with 99$ order but can't remember which. Shop around!
How many seasons would those 50 shots worth of pf powder last the average MZ hunter?

For me, they'd probably last at least 10 years.

I've thought about going smokeless but I've got 6 jugs of bh209 that I'll shoot 4-5 shots a year with so I'm good for a few days.

I bought 5 of mine when it was $29-39 and one jug at $60 cash. High but not $112 a can high.

Latest posts

Back