• Help Support TNDeer:

Boat Opinions Wanted

You are not going to fish tournaments and you are smart enough to stay off big water when the wind is 20 plus. Considering towing and your storage options I would say aluminum. Carpet is a pain to keep clean. Unless you enjoy cleaning a boat camo is king. If I were you I'd buy a 18-20 foot aluminum camouflage with rhino liner or something similar. Get the max horsepower the boat is rated for. Preferably a Yamaha. Buy whatever brand strikes your fancy: Xpress, Lowe, Sea Ark, Polarkraft, etc, etc, etc.

My boat is a white Xpress X19 with tan carpet so I can tell you from experience a pretty boat and pretty carpet is a pain.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you are going to fish in the summertime when it is hot, do not get rhino lined or a painted type floor. Carpet or mat. If not carpet or mat, the floor of the boat gets HOT, and I mean HOT!

Look for used, there are boats to be found. Just check it out and for sure run it on the water.

Headhunter":1wqp6l31 said:
If you are going to fish in the summertime when it is hot, do not get rhino lined or a painted type floor. Carpet or mat. If not carpet or mat, the floor of the boat gets HOT, and I mean HOT!

Look for used, there are boats to be found. Just check it out and for sure run it on the water.

lol, even with carpet you better be taping anything silver(seat brackets, hatch brackets, etc) if you or the kids go barefoot. equivalent of stepping on hot coals. when my carpet gets ratty i think im recovering with that textured vinyl. a friend has it in his G3 and says its not hot at all and cleans real easy.

Aluminum semi vee. We like being in the boat instead of on it while we fish. I have owned mine now for 3 years and would feel comfortable taking it anywhere in the state as well as off the coast to do ocean fishing in the chop was up to 2 feet. Mine is a 19 foot Alumacraft, 200 Yamaha, top speed low 50's. Not a day goes by at a boat launch where other fisherman don't come up and and ask me a lot of questions about it.
I owned glass boats before, Will never own another unless I have no other choices.

CBU93":1a3b4yvm said:
Thanks for the opinions folks! Still want to hear more if anyone else has input.

Call tophat, buy his Phoenix and then build a house with a really cool dock on the 1,000 acre lake and be done with it.
Just make sure I have a key to the house and the boat. :D

Sounds like you want an all purpose boat like me and my boat of the future will be a 16 or 18 foot deep V aluminum. Rides a lot better than flat bottom or even a semi V. My 13 foot V Hull is awesome and the only complaint is the small size. I've never owned a glass boat so I can't help you there. I know they ride better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have owned several boats and drove and road in a lot more. On big water, like KY lake, I prefer a fiberglass boat or a deep sided aluminum boat. Fiberglass rides better in rough water IMO. If you go with carpet, I would go with dark gray. You will definitely want a hot foot on KY lake, and a minimum of 18'. The main thing is to slow down if it gets rough. I have a 20' sea ark deck boat now. It works great as a family boat. You can fish, float, pull a tube, or just ride around. It has a 90hp mercury. It really needs about a 150 though. Main thing in buying a boat is get a little bigger boat than you want or need. And make sure it is not underpowered. Also check Missouri. My brother in law bought a new Triton from a dealer up there about 6 years ago. It was $8k cheaper than anything else he could find here in TN and KY.

double browtine":34e528j1 said:
And make sure it is not underpowered.

You want the motor to match the max hp rating of the boat most of the time. Even if you are thinking that you aren't a speed demon the boat will just feel better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back