Boat trailer hopping

MickThompson

anybody got a checklist of things to look at besides find better roads? My 1650 aluminum boat would get into an uncontrollable hop as soon as I got over 60-65 and not settle out unless I drop under 55 on a section of interstate (wavy concrete) today. Under 55 is at least as dangerous as the hop.

Just wondering if there's anything I can do from a weight distribution, etc perspective to help.

Iglow

anybody got a checklist of things to look at besides find better roads? My 1650 aluminum boat would get into an uncontrollable hop as soon as I got over 60-65 and not settle out unless I drop under 55 on a section of interstate (wavy concrete) today. Under 55 is at least as dangerous as the hop.

Just wondering if there's anything I can do from a weight distribution, etc perspective to help.
Tires out of round? Wheel damaged? Unbalanced tires/wheel? Sounds like a tire/wheel thing to me, too much weight on the ball will make them wag but I've never seen hopping outside if wheel issues.

Remington700

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

MickThompson

Tires out of round? Wheel damaged? Unbalanced tires/wheel? Sounds like a tire/wheel thing to me, too much weight on the ball will make them wag but I've never seen hopping outside if wheel issues.
Pulls like it isn't there on good asphalt highway. Maybe that road was just that bad but felt like I was trying to hang onto a raccoon by the tail

Latest posts