• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots Bobcat compact tractors

BigCityBubba

I was looking at either the 2035 or the 2040 for food plots. Does anyone have any experience with them. My understanding is they are made by the same people who make kioti but with some minor differences.

Any reason you're considering that size over a subcompact? I've got 35hp & 21hp Kubota tractors and can't think of anything food plot related that the 21hp can't do equally as well as the 35hp, except it weighs 1,000lbs less so it doesn't compact the soil nearly as much. I've never once heard that little engine load while running in low 1 or 2.

My 35hp shines when I'm skidding big logs down to my sawmill, or when I'm excavating ground with the bucket. For skidding, the tractor weight is less sussceptible to being jerked around when the heavy logs roll or shift. For excavating, it's weight is nice because it doesn't lose traction as much as the lighter tractor. Even though both are 4x4 the lighter tractor's tires will simply spin on the surface of the ground when encountering something heavy or hard, where the heavier tractor will dig on in.

But for tilling, discing, culti-packing, clearing brush, mowing, spreading/leveling gravel, storm clean up, etc., the 21hp does everything the 35hp can do equally well and has never been starved for power while doing it. Furthermore, a subcompact costs around $20K while a 35-40hp costs around $40K. That $20K difference could buy a box blade, disc, bush hog, tiller, and maybe even a stump grinder or brush grapple as well. That's a whole lot of various capabilities for the same price the larger tractor by itself.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to talk you out of a bigger, sexier tractor. There's nothing sexy or manly about a grown man on a tiny tractor. But dollar for dollar you can get a whole lot more variety of work from the subcompact. Just food for thought.

I was looking at either the 2035 or the 2040 for food plots. Does anyone have any experience with them. My understanding is they are made by the same people who make kioti but with some minor differences.
How's the dealer support? Or dealer is not great in my area. They don't make a size for us. But honestly that is what makes and breaks and equipment. Everything breaks can you get parts, are there service department decent? What does it weigh compared to others in that class. You have to get the hp to the ground.

Any reason you're considering that size over a subcompact? I've got 35hp & 21hp Kubota tractors and can't think of anything food plot related that the 21hp can't do equally as well as the 35hp, except it weighs 1,000lbs less so it doesn't compact the soil nearly as much. I've never once heard that little engine load while running in low 1 or 2.

My 35hp shines when I'm skidding big logs down to my sawmill, or when I'm excavating ground with the bucket. For skidding, the tractor weight is less sussceptible to being jerked around when the heavy logs roll or shift. For excavating, it's weight is nice because it doesn't lose traction as much as the lighter tractor. Even though both are 4x4 the lighter tractor's tires will simply spin on the surface of the ground when encountering something heavy or hard, where the heavier tractor will dig on in.

But for tilling, discing, culti-packing, clearing brush, mowing, spreading/leveling gravel, storm clean up, etc., the 21hp does everything the 35hp can do equally well and has never been starved for power while doing it. Furthermore, a subcompact costs around $20K while a 35-40hp costs around $40K. That $20K difference could buy a box blade, disc, bush hog, tiller, and maybe even a stump grinder or brush grapple as well. That's a whole lot of various capabilities for the same price the larger tractor by itself.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to talk you out of a bigger, sexier tractor. There's nothing sexy or manly about a grown man on a tiny tractor. But dollar for dollar you can get a whole lot more variety of work from the subcompact. Just food for thought.
There is a dealership selling the bobcat 40hp with a loader for $20k. You buy the tractor and they throw in the loader for free. I think today is the last day. I was originally considering a sub compact but will be using it for clearing land which will involve skidding logs. The land was clear cut 10 years ago.

How's the dealer support? Or dealer is not great in my area. They don't make a size for us. But honestly that is what makes and breaks and equipment. Everything breaks can you get parts, are there service department decent? What does it weigh compared to others in that class. You have to get the hp to the ground.
The main reason I am reluctant to pull the trigger, other than really not wanting to spend the money, is that the closest bobcat dealer is 50 miles away. I have John Deere, Kubota, Massey Ferguson, and Kioti dealers within 5 miles of my house.

There is a dealership selling the bobcat 40hp with a loader for $20k. You buy the tractor and they throw in the loader for free. I think today is the last day. I was originally considering a sub compact but will be using it for clearing land which will involve skidding logs. The land was clear cut 10 years ago.

That's a very good price for any brand new 40hp tractor with loader. And if you'll be clearing land, pushing scrub, and skidding logs, you'll appreciate the weight of a larger tractor.

I don't know much about Bobcat but most major tractor brands offer 0% interest on most models. Deals come & go so don't be in a rush thinking you'll miss a great deal if you don't buy right now. The same or similar deal will come back within weeks. They just go from one promotional to the next.

That's a very good price for any brand new 40hp tractor with loader. And if you'll be clearing land, pushing scrub, and skidding logs, you'll appreciate the weight of a larger tractor.

I don't know much about Bobcat but most major tractor brands offer 0% interest on most models. Deals come & go so don't be in a rush thinking you'll miss a great deal if you don't buy right now. The same or similar deal will come back within weeks. They just go from one promotional to the next.
The deal is a free loader or 0% financing. Basically, if you finance it at 0%, they are charging you the interest up front. The guy was trying to get me to come and buy it right away. He said the deal ended today and he only had a couple in stock. I looked up the deal online and it ends Sept 30, 2024. I really don't like tractor salesman. All the ones I have dealt with are pushy and try to convince you to spend more money than you are comfortable spending which is why I have not bought a tractor yet. I went into my JD dealer because they had a used tractor listed and I wanted to see how firm they were on the price. The next thing I know he is trying to convince me to spend $5k more on a new tractor. I haven't met a dealer yet that didn't pi$$ me off and cause me to walk out.

The deal is a free loader or 0% financing. Basically, if you finance it at 0%, they are charging you the interest up front. The guy was trying to get me to come and buy it right away. He said the deal ended today and he only had a couple in stock. I looked up the deal online and it ends Sept 30, 2024. I really don't like tractor salesman. All the ones I have dealt with are pushy and try to convince you to spend more money than you are comfortable spending which is why I have not bought a tractor yet. I went into my JD dealer because they had a used tractor listed and I wanted to see how firm they were on the price. The next thing I know he is trying to convince me to spend $5k more on a new tractor. I haven't met a dealer yet that didn't pi$$ me off and cause me to walk out.
What county are you in?

I looked in bobcats website and find a 37 hp compact model, is that the one you are looking at? Looks like a really nice machine.

I requested a quote on their 66 hp cab model, would be ideal, will see if they reply.

I looked in bobcats website and find a 37 hp compact model, is that the one you are looking at? Looks like a really nice machine.

I requested a quote on their 66 hp cab model, would be ideal, will see if they reply.
I was looking at either the CT2035 or the CT2040. The deal on the big tractors is $4000 off or 0% financing for 48 months. I would contact every bobcat dealer within 100 miles of you. Their quotes are all going to be different based on how many they have on their lot.

I was looking at either the CT2035 or the CT2040. The deal on the big tractors is $4000 off or 0% financing for 48 months. I would contact every bobcat dealer within 100 miles of you. Their quotes are all going to be different based on how many they have on their lot.
As much I would like a cab tractor, i am not a serious buyer. I don't want a payment, and my 47 hp Kubota still does everything I need it to.

As much I would like a cab tractor, i am not a serious buyer. I don't want a payment, and my 47 hp Kubota still does everything I need it to.
We farm and put up around 2000 round bales a year. And we didn't get a cab tractor til this year. Just gutted through it. But lord have mercy we will be getting a couple more soon. They are super nice. Both have there places.

Was that a 4X4 for 20K?

Ive had a 30 hp Kioti for 10 years now and I just bought 35 acres in Lincoln county, Im looking for a 40-50 hp now, the CK30 does good but with the ind. tires it doesnt pull equipment well, even in 4wd it will spin, Also if you have any type of slope the equipment will want to walk down hill due to the light weight of the tractor. A 40-50 hp 2wd with ag tires would fit my needs much better.

Interesting take. Don't think I have ever heard that argument. Usually its always go for the bigger one. HP = time. etc etc. I have been looking for around 40hp and worried it wouldn't be enough for foodplotting and mowing around 20 acres.

Back