• Help Support TNDeer:

Boy did I mess up

J.W.308

Went fishing Sunday morning. Caught my limit of sunfish and was heading to the boat ramp. Just before I get to the ramp bam I hit a stump with my trolling motor and broke the motor off the shaft . Only thing holding it together was the wires . I did order a new shaft today. Hope it gets here soon .

Kind of a funny story. Years ago I borrowed a friends clamp on trolling motor to run some trot lines in a small river near home. The place was full of under water logs and some above the water. I was floating down and hit a log under water and broke the shaft of the trolling motor. When I took out I went and had it welded. The next morning I was back on the water picking up my lines and I came to the place where I broke the shaft the day before. I raised the motor out of the water and was so intent on watching for where the log was under water I wasn't paying attention to the logs hanging above the water and hit one of those and broke the shaft again.

One day it was getting ready to come a big thunderstorm and everybody came to the ramp at the same time to try and beat it. One guy was by himself and had came in early to try and get gone before the crowd came in...well he was almost successful. He had his trolling motor down where he had came to the dock and had tied off to go get his truck and trailer. He was already backing down the ramp when we pulled up to the dock, and here he came running to load his boat on the trailer....he was in way too big of a hurry (you could tell he wasn't wanting to hold anyone up but was doing fine without rushing). He cranked his outboard and in a flash it was over before we could stop him...he drove it up on the trailer with the trolling motor down. He didn't even flinch...backed it back off the trailer then threw the carnage onto his front deck...drove it back on the trailer and was gone.

Crow Terminator":2gdbdmym said:
One day it was getting ready to come a big thunderstorm and everybody came to the ramp at the same time to try and beat it. One guy was by himself and had came in early to try and get gone before the crowd came in...well he was almost successful. He had his trolling motor down where he had came to the dock and had tied off to go get his truck and trailer. He was already backing down the ramp when we pulled up to the dock, and here he came running to load his boat on the trailer....he was in way too big of a hurry (you could tell he wasn't wanting to hold anyone up but was doing fine without rushing). He cranked his outboard and in a flash it was over before we could stop him...he drove it up on the trailer with the trolling motor down. He didn't even flinch...backed it back off the trailer then threw the carnage onto his front deck...drove it back on the trailer and was gone.

Haven't seen or done that one. Yet. A million things can go wrong at a boat ramp and only one thing can go right. Successfully loading and driving away. If you ain't had a boat ramp mishap then you don't have a boat or you just got it yesterday :)

A buddy of mine was in his John boat when he hit something and sheared the pin. No big deal he had a spare so he changed it but what he didn't realize is the wind pushed him back over the road bed that he hit so when he fired it back up and took off he hit it again. No more spares lol

Latest posts

Back