• Help Support TNDeer:

Breeding tuxedos

I think I'm going for some sort of world record for most fish under 6" caught in a single year. I just can't buy a nice fish this year. I'm curious to see if this year's drought knocks back the number of fish like it did in 2007. The drought of 2007 killed ~50% of the rainbows in the park, freeing up the food sources for the remaining fish for several years. I caught on average much bigger fish from 2009-2012 than I normally do. I think the water level is lower than it was in 2007, but the water is cooler now than then. The 2007 drought hit more during summer time than the drought we're in now.

Just a little thinking out loud for anyone that is interested.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just give me a heads up and I've got everything you need to catch these. I'm sure some of us could also get you on some Clinch River fish also.

CATCHDAWG":49x70hvj said:
Very cool brother! I haven't hit a wild stream since early spring... :(
We need to get together sometime and fish. Maybe hit the HI when the winter stones are hatching, or maybe a wild stream when the Quill Gordon's hatch in March.

Buzzard Breath":mbhfprhp said:
CATCHDAWG":mbhfprhp said:
Very cool brother! I haven't hit a wild stream since early spring... :(
We need to get together sometime and fish. Maybe hit the HI when the winter stones are hatching, or maybe a wild stream when the Quill Gordon's hatch in March.
Yes, we're gonna have to hit a stream. I'm not a huge fan of the HI but a spring time trip to Meadow branch would be awesome, it's one of my favorite streams. I'm free most every weekend so just let me know when your ready!

Back