• Help Support TNDeer:

Vols

On one hand it left a lot to be desired.
On the other, the boys dug deep and got a hard earned win. Would have been easy to fold.

Time & time again Vols defense showed up in a big way. Except that 3 & 18 when we brought 0 extra pressure and Lagway made a hell of a play stepping up for the game tying touchdown. Turrentine got bad out of place on that one but I blame the play call more.

Crowd made an impact too on several plays. Showed up & got loud.

Sampson is a stud. Nico is young but he left a lot out there tonight. He was anointed too soon but I'm not giving up. Play calling still makes me scratch my head at times. O-line better figure some $hit out quick.

Say all that to say it is great to get a win against those swampy ass gators!

On one hand it left a lot to be desired.
On the other, the boys dug deep and got a hard earned win. Would have been easy to fold.

Time & time again Vols defense showed up in a big way. Except that 3 & 18 when we brought 0 extra pressure and Lagway made a hell of a play stepping up for the game tying touchdown. Turrentine got bad out of place on that one but I blame the play call more.

Crowd made an impact too on several plays. Showed up & got loud.

Sampson is a stud. Nico is young but he left a lot out there tonight. He was anointed too soon but I'm not giving up. Play calling still makes me scratch my head at times. O-line better figure some $hit out quick.

Say all that to say it is great to get a win against those swampy ass gators!
Seems they need to run with Sampson and back off some defense. And play action where Nico isn't standing there waiting to get hit. O Line Sucks. They're terrible

O Line Sucks. They're terrible

I think this is the major issue.

It's affecting Nico mentally. I think he's too worried about where the pressure will come from and his timing is off.

It's affecting Heupels play calling because he doesn't appear to trust Nico.

Then when we finally have an open receiver, Nico rushes the throw.

Somebody spent a lot of $$$ on Heard, and it was a huge miss. He ole's too many times.

It is pretty obvious some of you have never watched a Gator/Vols game before. If you had, you know that you would be happy every time for a one point victory.

Johnny Majors was on point about the Legions of the Miserables in the Vol fandom.
Horse crap. You are making excuses based on history. This is a UF team that is trash. According to the hype before last week we are a NC contender. This game should've never been close. All we have learned in the last two weeks is that we weren't worth of the hype.

O line play is bad but Nico is not where he needs to be yet in this offense. He's going to have to grow up fast because bama is coming. The defense has played great and kept us in this game but they won't be able hold out against bama without some help from the offense.
This, but I do think this will be the 2nd best D that Bama has faced this season, maybe the #1 they've faced even. That's not to say that the TN D is THE best, but I think they will be adequate against the struggling Bama O.

Horse crap. You are making excuses based on history. This is a UF team that is trash. According to the hype before last week we are a NC contender. This game should've never been close. All we have learned in the last two weeks is that we weren't worth of the hype.
That has been the story for the last ~24 years. Bama ain't very good either this year, but pretty much everybody expected that when Saban retired.

🤔I didn't know everyone expected that

Here's 11 pages of discussion if you want a refresher.

I'm not making any excuses. I never thought this team would make the playoffs. My pre-season guess was 9-3. After seeing the o-line and QB issues, I've changed that to 8-4, and it could end up being 7-5.

But your comments about it not being a close game are silly. If you had followed this series for a couple of decades, you would know that there have been a BUNCH of times that the Vols were the way superior team on paper only to self-destruct. They were the superior team last year on paper and got whacked in the Swamp.

Enjoy the W, and don't be a LOM.

Latest posts

Back