• Help Support TNDeer:

Vols

This, but I do think this will be the 2nd best D that Bama has faced this season, maybe the #1 they've faced even. That's not to say that the TN D is THE best, but I think they will be adequate against the struggling Bama O.
I agree--Bama struggled against S.Car, and lost to Vandy.
I firmly believe that TN is better than both those teams, and Neyland will be CRAZY next week.
Whatever Vandy & SCar did on defense the past 2 weeks, you better believe Tim Banks has already got a plan to do it even better.

I think this is appropriate after most games played
Hard to go with tempo/run full offense if 1 of the 11 makes error
Sometimes a coach has to have the trust in all of the players to go full bore. But what do I know 🤷‍♂️

1000017456.webp

That has been the story for the last ~24 years. Bama ain't very good either this year, but pretty much everybody expected that when Saban retired.
In all honesty several top programs are winning by struggling and some normally low tier schools are looking like rockstars just a off year

That has been the story for the last ~24 years. Bama ain't very good either this year, but pretty much everybody expected that when Saban retired.
The faster we realize that the AP is about perpetuating the money train rather than accurate rankings, the more realistic we can be when evaluating teams. Bama suffers from this more than the Vols due to their success and massive bandwagon base. It's in the interest of the media to keep them near the top of the rankings and bring g them up often. This has started to happen to some degree this year with the Vols thanks to Bobby Hill and Nico. It's a program on the rise and there is money out there for it. Truth is exactly as you describe. Not as good as years' past. For UT the hype was this was Heupel's best team yet. Nowhere close sadly.

I'm not making any excuses. I never thought this team would make the playoffs. My pre-season guess was 9-3. After seeing the o-line and QB issues, I've changed that to 8-4, and it could end up being 7-5.

But your comments about it not being a close game are silly. If you had followed this series for a couple of decades, you would know that there have been a BUNCH of times that the Vols were the way superior team on paper only to self-destruct. They were the superior team last year on paper and got whacked in the Swamp.

Enjoy the W, and don't be a LOM.
I'm 46. I've followed…What happened 20 yrs ago doesn't make a hill of beans about last night. Nothing historical in the college game is relevant to performance beyond 5 yrs. To state otherwise is to state you don't understand how eligibility works. Different players, coaches , AD. So you think it's the stadium? The fan base? That's ludicrous

I'm 46. I've followed…What happened 20 yrs ago doesn't make a hill of beans about last night. Nothing historical in the college game is relevant to performance beyond 5 yrs. To state otherwise is to state you don't understand how eligibility works. Different players, coaches , AD. So you think it's the stadium? The fan base? That's ludicrous
Have a great day and enjoy being a LOM.

Its a win, thats about it. Alot of same issues as seen against AR. These 2 games have exposed how to stymie Vols on offense, Bama will really use that info. Nico over rated? Not sure, but definitely not performing to the level he supposedly should be. OL DEFINITELY overrated lots of experience on that line to be playing the way they are. Glad Vols are in Knoxville the next 3 games, every little bit helps at this point.

Go CU Buffaloes 🤣
I gave up watching sports some years ago and find I haven't missed anything. however, I look at the standings once in awhile.
Bears going to Super Bowl this year🤣

Try not coming at folks with random platitudes when they are merely speaking facts about the team and where we are. Your whole argument is "in accordance with the prophecy…". I'm not a libtard, I run on facts not feels
And, the fact is that the Vols won a rare victory against the Gators. Try as you want, you can't change that fact.

I swear Randy Sanders is calling plays…
I was screaming Johnny Majors from my seats. Run, run, pass, punt. 🤬

What's the status on the Florida qb? Look like an ankle or knee and he wasn't even touched. Looked like something freaky and he just went down. Hope he's not hurt bad. Hate to see that for any kid.

I was screaming Johnny Majors from my seats. Run, run, pass, punt. 🤬

What's the status on the Florida qb? Look like an ankle or knee and he wasn't even touched. Looked like something freaky and he just went down. Hope he's not hurt bad. Hate to see that for any kid.
Haven't seen yet. I was hoping high ankle sprain given it wouldn't require surgery. Felt bad for the kid. Such a fluke

Latest posts

Back