• Help Support TNDeer:

Brett Favre

I think we are just now starting to see and understand the effects of head trauma , concussions and the impact brought on from football. CTE's .
Ya think????
Screenshot_20240924-165550_DuckDuckGo.webp

Pardon the pun but this is a no-brainer. Watch the movie Concussion, based on a true story, and then answer the question yourself. Some of these guys began their lifetime of head trauma in the Pop Warner days...25 years or more with 1000s of impacts to the head and neck?

Favre isn't the first and most certainly won't be the last.

Pardon the pun but this is a no-brainer. Watch the movie Concussion, based on a true story, and then answer the question yourself. Some of these guys began their lifetime of head trauma in the Pop Warner days...25 years or more with 1000s of impacts to the head and neck?

Favre isn't the first and most certainly won't be the last.
Unfortunately, as much as we know about head injuries, you can't really prove them absent an autopsy. We had one of the cleanest head injury cases I've ever seen, with abrupt 180 behavior changes that ultimately caused the person's life to fall to shambles. PTA mom ends up violent/abusive, unable to hold a job, etc. We tried the case twice and the jury didn't buy it. Over the years dealing with stuff like this I've come to the conclusion the whether its a head injury, emotional disturbance, mental illness or anything else where the defining symptoms are behavioral, the majority of people blame the person, as if its a choice, rather than the illness/injury.

Unfortunately, as much as we know about head injuries, you can't really prove them absent an autopsy. We had one of the cleanest head injury cases I've ever seen, with abrupt 180 behavior changes that ultimately caused the person's life to fall to shambles. PTA mom ends up violent/abusive, unable to hold a job, etc. We tried the case twice and the jury didn't buy it. Over the years dealing with stuff like this I've come to the conclusion the whether its a head injury, emotional disturbance, mental illness or anything else where the defining symptoms are behavioral, the majority of people blame the person, as if its a choice, rather than the illness/injury.
No excuses for Aaron Hernandez. I think he was just a punk from childhood and the went to Florida and got in over his head . Imagine coming from Bristol CT and suddenly being the stud QB of the Florida Gators with all those girls, fanboys and yes drugs floating around. He was just a punk. But I am sure CTE played some part in his demise.
Some other Notable CTE Cases in the NFL
Ken Stabler
Frank Gifford
Andre Waters
Junior Seau

I am sure there are more I am missing.

No excuses for Aaron Hernandez. I think he was just a punk from childhood and the went to Florida and got in over his head . Imagine coming from Bristol CT and suddenly being the stud QB of the Florida Gators with all those girls, fanboys and yes drugs floating around. He was just a punk. But I am sure CTE played some part in his demise.
Some other Notable CTE Cases in the NFL
Ken Stabler
Frank Gifford
Andre Waters
Junior Seau

I am sure there are more I am missing.
Hopefully the technology catches up. Even the NFL is defending the CTE cases on the basis it can't be proved. It's a sad situation.

Back