Bridgestone Firestone WMA

killingtime 41

The problem is the big mouth yankee. Nice guy or not I could care less. Being nice doesn't allow you to act any way you want to. These people will ruin any place they move. Fact of the matter is. They can't be happy anywhere. This is a guess but I'd say he bought bought this store. And thought man I can make some money. With the bikers and hikers and the like. But like I said they can't be happy anywhere. He has to have it open all year for these people. Because his profits are down when the hunters turn comes. He isn't going to get his way. And I wouldn't stop at his store if I hunted there. Simple little fact the land would be a subdivision and many other lands would be also if it wasn't for the hunters. Maybe he should go back to PA and cause problems. Sounds like a bold face liar to me.

RoyalPrudent

Thanks guys for the thoughts. I want to be very clear.

1. Much of what Mr. Bullard testifies to in the video is inaccurate, misleading or patently false.
2. Mr. Bullard's desire to transfer this land to TDEC State Parks is simply his idea for how he could gain more control to impose his ideas on this property.
3. We do not feel that 69 days of deer hunting is unreasonable given that the hikers can utilize the entire area the rest of the year, even though I do not believe they are paying for any access - unlike us sportsmen.
4. There are safety concerns to consider with having non-hunters walking in the woods during hunting season.
5. There are quality of hunt considerations as well - for example - just me personally, I would not want a hiker disturbing my deer hunt. Nothing against hikers at all, but some of these activities are not compatible for the quality of experience many seek.

We have met with Mr. Bullard and TWRA early last year. His position was at that time that he wants the whole area open at all times to hikers with no consideration for the hunters seeking a quality experience...its an all or nothing position he is holding. We discussed trying to work together to allow access during archery season and his response was all or nothing.

Thoughts?
And this is why you don't side with the tree huggers. Opposing the logging was just the first step.

timberjack86

Hang Over Wake Up GIF by Arrow Video

kaizen leader

1. Much of what Mr. Bullard testifies to in the video is inaccurate, misleading or patently false.
2. Mr. Bullard's desire to transfer this land to TDEC State Parks is simply his idea for how he could gain more control to impose his ideas on this property.
3. We do not feel that 69 days of deer hunting is unreasonable given that the hikers can utilize the entire area the rest of the year, even though I do not believe they are paying for any access - unlike us sportsmen.
4. There are safety concerns to consider with having non-hunters walking in the woods during hunting season.
5. There are quality of hunt considerations as well - for example - just me personally, I would not want a hiker disturbing my deer hunt. Nothing against hikers at all, but some of these activities are not compatible for the quality of experience many seek.

We have met with Mr. Bullard and TWRA early last year. His position was at that time that he wants the whole area open at all times to hikers with no consideration for the hunters seeking a quality experience...its an all or nothing position he is holding. We discussed trying to work together to allow access during archery season and his response was all or nothing.

Thoughts?
For one it's very dangerous. Hikers won't were blaze orange and therefore are at risk. The will not respect hunter's rights either. Safety is the biggest concern.

Headhunter

Thoughts?
Yes, I am criticizing. If your help ends up the same as it did concerning the Percy Priest WMA and the greenway and LOSS of great hunting land, safety zones that are so wrong it is stupid, then you don't even need to be involved. The TWF was not only no help, I believe if anything they were against the hunters in the issue above. I can show you the land that was lost and what I was told was going to happen, NEVER happened.

knightrider

Yes, I am criticizing. If your help ends up the same as it did concerning the Percy Priest WMA and the greenway and LOSS of great hunting land, safety zones that are so wrong it is stupid, then you don't even need to be involved. The TWF was not only no help, I believe if anything they were against the hunters in the issue above. I can show you the land that was lost and what I was told was going to happen, NEVER happened.
Just like anything else that has a tw as part of the initials, nothing is surprising

AppalachiaVol

Was you able to scout this out? I have been interested in going down and walking it myself for the last couple of years.
Yes, scouted and hunted it 3 times last year. ran into several deer, lots of hog sign. heard some hogs in a ticket but they winded me. never laid eyes on them. I hunted Big bottom each time went to a different section. still alot i havent seen there
PM ill discuss

Latest posts