• Help Support TNDeer:

Bubba blade fillet knife

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Been seeing ads for a bubba blade lithium ion fillet knife on Facebook
Interesting and would be handy so I checked into it.
Holy CRAP !!!!
I think for $170 I will stick with what I got!
Lol
Just thought that was funny.

I bought a regular bubba knife last season even though I prefer an electric Filet knife as I'm not always near electric power. It's a sharp knife but no better than any other sharp filet knife at a 1/3 the price. I haven't seen their lithium knives but I wouldn't pay that much either. It might be good at half that price.

I've heard nothing but good about bubba knives. I think if I was in the business of filleting hundreds of fish, I'd probably spend the money without a second thought. But for the few fish I bring home on occasion, my Rapala knife will do just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RUGER":3dsuym6p said:
Been seeing ads for a bubba blade lithium ion fillet knife on Facebook
Interesting and would be handy so I checked into it.
Holy CRAP !!!!
I think for $170 I will stick with what I got!
Lol
Just thought that was funny.
Sounds like the perfect knife for a man bun, beard havin, skinny jean wearin, hipster!!!

Or someone who dang near cut as many filets as a commercial operation

See you in a tree, Ricky
Tree Saddle Hunters_R_US on Tapatalk

7mm08":3aws7ggw said:
Pilchard":3aws7ggw said:
Hard to beat a dexter.

Electric knives are wasteful, IMO.

You probably wouldn't approve of our methods in SC then!! Ha! But it's nice when you're getting eaten up by knats at the end of the day. I don't leave much for the crabs
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2-RGr_vfxLw

I don't disapprove. It's your fish and I hope you do whatever makes the most sense for you although some Avon Skin so soft would eliminate your gnat problem and therefore the need for speed.

I mentioned earlier that it's hard to beat a dexter. They are quality knives for cheap. Personally I have a set of forschner knives that I bought when I was cutting 100s of pounds of fish per day.

I have an electric Rapala brand fillet knife... I do not keep most fish but when i decide to keep some it is generally much larger numbers... I keep white bass when they are running some to have in the freezer... with that in mind, it is nothing to clean 30+ fish in an evening... (other people fishing with me as well)... that is the main reason I switched over... if I decided to keep one fish or maybe 2, I would just use my regular knife... that is just what I do

Sako":2r0ut2on said:
I have an electric Rapala brand fillet knife...

That's what I use as well.
Had a few friends tell me I was crazy for spending $40 for one but for me it fits my hand the best and I do better work with it than the others I have tried.
I had to buy my second one last year, I burnt the first one up in about 5 years.

Interesting story, I contacted Rapala because I couldn't find replacement blades anywhere and they just felt like they were getting dull to me.
They replied that their blades were engineered to remain sharp for the life of the knife so no replacements were needed.
Like 3 uses later my knife burnt up. LOL

I've used a serated bubba blade for a couple years and one their 8" filet for saltwater fish cleaning, the serated has done well but the filet looses edge pretty quickly. I'm a fan of Dexter filet knives. Never got into using an electric filet knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back