• Help Support TNDeer:

c-map app

WTM

pretty good basic mapping for free and as far as i can tell pretty dang accurate as compared to garmin maps. both have scanned pretty much the entire river the last couple of years. pretty handy to scout out new places from the couch. i actually used it to navigate. i may buy the yearly subscription to add to my navionics sub which i only use for locations of the old cover from when they first built kentucky lake. for the most part if you fish where i do navionics will get you run aground pretty quick. there have been a lot of changes to the lake over the years that navionics doesnt reflect.

ive checked the depth at several locations and it is spot on along with the bouy marker placements. i remember the c-map techs scanning this area at winter pool and it reflects that depth.

here is one example of changes im talking about. in the old days this was a fairly wide creek but over
the years it has filled in and changed direction somewhat.

navionics

cmap

Attachments

• 792CBE0F-A8B2-401F-B227-3815FCBD0327.jpeg
    792CBE0F-A8B2-401F-B227-3815FCBD0327.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 260
  • 3106906B-DB3B-4F9D-AD95-B35B2611CA55.jpeg
    3106906B-DB3B-4F9D-AD95-B35B2611CA55.jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 262
Is there any way to get 1 foot contours? Look like it has three foot contours. It is good though. Navionics will get you killed with their mapping on Kentucky

lol yeah ive said the same about navionics.

i believe the pay version has 1 ft and i think it may be hd, not sure though. its 18.99 a year, i may go ahead and buy a sub and post the difference in a bit.

okay it give me a free 2 week trial of premium and IT DOESNT include 1' contours, only 3ft. looks like the only difference is a couple of extra features and downloading the map to the device and using up to 5 devices.

strange though i remember buying the c-map max last year and it never downloaded. i guess i need to call them.

I will have to check that out for Watts Bar for sure. Thanks for the heads up....I had never heard of it til this thread.

My Helix 7 has the Lakemaster V5 card in it. It is very accurate. No complaints about it. I have a paid subscription to Navionics on my phone. Navionics SUCKS....it is very very inaccurate. Especially on stuff it shows as being old bridges, etc. 8 out of 10 things it shows, is not there. I use Google Earth overlays with GPS coordiates and old topo map overlays for local TVA lakes. I have maps for Google Earth from pre flood times that show all the houses, roads, bridges, etc. I can mark those, get the coordinates and plug them in to the Helix and bingo....see foundations or ruins/debris. It hasn't helped me catch fish but it's neat seeing that kinda stuff on the sonar.

yeah if you compare navionics with the old TVA maps they are very similar. i dont know what happened to that company but in the mid 2000's navionics was fairly accurate. it seems like they replaced their entire map library with older maps.

im thinking when i redo my console and get rid of some guages, maybe buying an amazon fire hd10 and a garmin glo 2 usb gps unit and mounting it flush in my dash for a nav map. about $250 total and i can use my graphs full screen and not have to have a map overlay when im scanning. im gonna have to do some more comparing with my garmin maps to make sure though.

well i couldnt get the paid version to work so i sent lowrance an email and they never replied back with a solution, so i cancelled the subscription. but they did send me a survey to rate their customer service, lol.

such a shame they have a descent product but cant seem to get the app fixed.

I have the cmap and navionics card. Cmap wins easily (for lakes they have scanned).

The SD card had 1ft contours.

Latest posts

Back