• Help Support TNDeer:

Can Heupel coach with the lead?

PalsPal

I have to admit that there have been times when I had wished that he'd take the foot off of the accelerator some to burn clock or play field position. But it normally works out.

And I understand that in the past, he has had to outscore opponents to win. But, with an improved defense, he may not have to lean on the offense so much.

I know I'm a pessimist in some cases, because I'm worrying about what could go wrong.

It will be interesting to see what he does if he wins the coin toss.

Valid points. In the past I also felt like he should slow down to burn clock in certain situations. But I don't expect to see that tonight. I only feel that way when you play the high powered offenses that are a threat to score anytime they touch the ball and you need to play keep away.

With that being said vols are 48th in seconds per play right now. They average snapping the ball with a little over 26 seconds left on play clock. This is a slower pace than last year but that's because they haven't kept starters in very long. Oklahoma is around 24 seconds

I have to admit that there have been times when I had wished that he'd take the foot off of the accelerator some to burn clock or play field position. But it normally works out.

And I understand that in the past, he has had to outscore opponents to win. But, with an improved defense, he may not have to lean on the offense so much.

I know I'm a pessimist in some cases, because I'm worrying about what could go wrong.

In this case, and this particular game, IF he wins the coin toss I see him receiving the first half kickoff and trying to make a statement by scoring first.

In this case, and this particular game, IF he wins the coin toss I see him receiving the first half kickoff and trying to make a statement by scoring first.
I think he would defer. Then there is that opportunity for a "2 for 1" deal hoping to have opportunity to score prior to halftime and receiving 2nd half kick.
Also deferring would put your probably best unit (matchup) on field 1st (DL) and not have the freshman qb out there 1st play since this is his 1st true road game.

I think he would defer. Then there is that opportunity for a "2 for 1" deal hoping to have opportunity to score prior to halftime and receiving 2nd half kick.
Also deferring would put your probably best unit (matchup) on field 1st (DL) and not have the freshman qb out there 1st play since this is his 1st true road game.
I tend to agree but could see it going either way

191-13. Don't think I'd worry to much and I can only hope he leaves the foot on the gas no matter who we play.

LSU 2022

Latest posts

Back