• Help Support TNDeer:

Can you believe it took me 28 years

deerhuntinghippie

To catch my first trout? I've been bass fishing since I can remember but never fished for trout until the weekend before last. My buddy talked me into going so we loaded up the trout fishing gear (his trout fishing gear I should add) and the wife and I loaded up our two feral children and drove to Blue Ridge to do some trout fishing for rainbows. It was good having had my buddies Aaron and Jason there to show me how it's done. This is actually two different trips to the mountains. I loved it so much the first time that we drove back less than a week later. On the second trip my buddy Dustin tagged along and we each caught our limit. The highlight of the trip was helping my daughter catch her first trout and seeing my wife catch her first one as well. Silas didn't catch anything but he sure had fun following me around studying the fish on the stringer.

I spent at least 10 hours editing this video. Hope you like the way it turned out.

https://youtu.be/4pHN4eS_5fA

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour

Very cool man.

If it makes you feel any better it took me like 45 years. :D
Granted there ain't many in these here parts but..... :D

31 years here, but was a blast. It's great you could enjoy that with friends and family

RUGER":332ltqd7 said:
Very cool man.

If it makes you feel any better it took me like 45 years. :D
Granted there ain't many in these here parts but..... :D
I hear ya. I can't imagine living right down the road from a good trout streams. It's probably beneficial to my marriage that I have to drive 2.5 hours haha.

WG3":wxhu10hs said:
31 years here, but was a blast. It's great you could enjoy that with friends and family
Thanks man. I'm fortunate to have kids that would rather be wallowing in mud than sitting on the couch. Although my daughter does get sucked into this horrible Disney show called Hey Jesse on Netflix[emoji37]
Now I know how my parents felt when they'd interrupt my Ren and Stimpy (sp?) to tell me it was going to rot my brain.

Cool video!

Your footage of your kids makes me think of how sheltered mine have been, since they have not really spent any real time in the country other than a couple weekends a year. Hopefully that will change for my son as he gets older. They still haven't ridden in the back of a pickup down a gravel road, so that's on my bucket list for them on our next family reunion. If we did that around town, I'd have a ticket in about 15 seconds, :D

Fun times on the creek - thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back