• Help Support TNDeer:

Canada

Headhunter

made my annual trip to Canada. By my lonesome.

I caught more of these than you can imagine.

Saw 4 of these, I saw this one after I heard something in the bush close to the lake edge. I eased close to see what was making the noise and this bear stepped out.

On Rainy you catch these til you actually get bored and wish they would quit hitting. I had one that measured 32" and few 30's. On Rainy you can only keep one per day if you are a nonresident.

This a memorial to a young girl that drowned on Rainy years ago.
Pretty cool.

Cheek meat from Walleye, as good as it gets.

Spent just over 4 days on Rainy. Smallmouth averaged 3-1/2 lbs each and largest overall was 4-1/2. Found couple schools that I lost count of how many I caught, but they were from just under 4 lbs to just over 4 lbs. Many on a tiny torpedo and a dt-4 and 6 Rapala, olive green crawfish and a 3/8oz double colorado spinnerbait are for sure smallie catchers on Rainy. Just from catching fish, 4 spinnerbaits broke in half.

Went to a place I haven't been in about 25 years, Gussi Lake which is connected to Esox. Average smallie there is about 1-1/2 lbs but I caught couple over 4. My dad many years ago caught the biggest smallmouth bass I have ever personally seen caught. It was just over 6 lbs. Place is absolutely loaded with smallmouth, it would not be difficult to catch 150-200 fish in a day. I caught almost everything there on topwater baits. I did not see one person at Gussi and Esox, it is in the middle of nowhere for sure.

Nothing like Canada.

Hard to beat Canada fishing for sure, need to get back up there myself. Sounds like you had a good trip.

Winchester":3ccl7suz said:
Hard to beat Canada fishing for sure, need to get back up there myself. Sounds like you had a good trip.

Out of hunting or fishing for anything, Canada, in the summer, is by far my favorite.

Thanks for the report and pics. Looks and sounds awesome! It would be hard to beat catching all those quality fish and not seeing another person :tu:

Awesome!!! I wanted to take my dad up there before his health got too bad. Didn't happen. :(
I'm glad you had a great trip.
I see you pulled your boat all the way up there. Quite a drive I assume!

Latest posts

Back