• Help Support TNDeer:

Caney Fork question

Jon

I am going to be on vacation July 7-14. I plan on fishing the Caney for trout all week. I usually wade fish no generation or fish up by the dam if they are running 2 gens a lot due to rain. My question is this: I have been watching the generation schedule for the last week and it appears they are pulse generating 1 generator part of the day and running one solid for 10-12 hours. So the water is probably not going to be falling out at all or stay high. My question is does anyone have any tips on fishing from the bank during these conditions? The lake level is still fairly high and I'm afraid they are going to continue to draw it down. I need to find someway to adapt and still be able to fish.

Thanks,

Jon

I am curious to see what others will suggest. I have only fished from a boat when it was generating so I have no experience fishing it from the bank. If they are generating too heavy, I think you are out of luck. I would suggest fishing creeks that dump into the river as well as looking for eddies. Fish behind blow downs, basically anywhere you can find a break in the water. You can also go down the road on the opposite side of the river and fish behind some of the islands. You may find slower water there. If they are not generating too bad, you could throw way up stream and let it drift down past you and keep repeating the process. In a boat, I have just drifted and dragged a bait behind the boat and caught fish.

I went last saturday after the generators were cut off in the evening and water was low as it always is, but they have been changing the schedule a lot so there's no telling what it will be like

Latest posts

Back