• Help Support TNDeer:

Cape San Blas

Caught a variety surf fishing last year. I caught sand fleas and used them. Just YouTube it and you will be catching them in no time at all. Also went out 22 miles on a party boat and we wore out the red snapper. Lots of good fishing in the bay side as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to be a party pooper, and I hope to vacation again on CSB next year, but thought you should be aware of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vibrio_vulnificus

This area is endemic for this bacteria. On Tuesday of this week my fishing partner ended up with a fly in his bicep. It was successfully extracted in the boat. Since he was unsure on his last tetanus shot, he went to urgent care down there. In addition to the tetanus shot, the doctor pretty much insisted on a regimen of an antibiotic for him due to the Vibrio in the area we were fishing.

Be aware, and treat any cuts or scrapes with a little more care if you are in the water.

And, due to the Vibrio, as much as I love raw oysters, it was not worth the risk for me to enjoy them on my recent trip. IMO there is a reason that only eating them in months with an R is there.

I fished St Joe's bay for a week two weeks ago. Been there every summer doing the same thing for years. I fish in my 16 ft aluminum with 25 hp motor. I drift over the grass beds with live bait under a popping cork or freeline. I use pinfish and bull minnows I catch myself. No telling how many speckled trout I caught. Plus some flounder. Not to mention the various other fish. Bluefish, sharks, etc. If you're taking a boat let me know and I can put you on some specific spots I know you can catch fish.
cdcc87084c6a80bf0907a15f057e39bd.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If you're out in the bay mornings/evenings.. make sure you have bug spray!

I did some surf fishing there a couple of weeks ago. Caught about as many catfish as you could want to catch. Also a pompano, ladyfish, and a couple small sharks. The surf was pretty rough the few days we were there, so getting bait out to the right spots was a little tough.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back