• Help Support TNDeer:

Carroll County or Gibson County

TNBuck2

My son has just a few days off from work and school and is really wanting to fish. I would like to try and take him somewhere other than the small ponds he's been bank fishing. Any advice on finding some fish on the 1000 acre lake in Carroll county or maybe the lake in Gibson county? I'm not looking for anybody's secret spot or honey hole, just would appreciate some advice on maybe getting him on a few fish tomorrow or maybe Friday. We do have access to a small aluminum boat and motor so we won't be limited to the bank.

Appreciate the help!

chunkandwind":l4dtyibo said:
For numbers and a chance at a good one go to 1000 Acre. For the chance at a fish of a lifetime go to Gibson Co.

That pretty much sums it up right there. :D

If you go to the 1,000 acre, from what I have seen the last couple of trips you need to concentrate on the points that border the main body of water of the lake.
There are some bass to be caught beating the banks of the coves but from what we have seen the bass just aren't really stacked up back in the coves like I have seen them in the past.

Guess it's the post spawn deal or something.
Find you a point on the edge of the main water that the wind is blowing in on and you are good to go.
White fluke (preferably tail dipped in red spike it) or a whacky worm and you are good to go. :D

Thanks folks for the advice. We went this afternoon and caught them pretty good. Wind made it tough to sit still on the main lake but we still did pretty well in the coves. Nothing over 1-2 pounds but we had a ball catching them. Plus, any day on the water with my son is a good one.

Latest posts

Back