• Help Support TNDeer:

Ski - GardePro cameras

i did not check out, but the code applied a discount on 4 x60 with solar panels. I dont like the way the strap goes through, but these things look like a lot of camera. I like that Live with built in memory alot. Would love to have one of those on farm and watching lake.

OK you guys buying multiple cameras that you don't really need.
I don't want to hear you crying about $2 batteries.🤣
Oh, I'm still going to cry. Loud and long! I've already spent $250 on lithium AAs and will probably have to spend more before the season is over.

Ski,
When comparing the Gardepro and Madeise cameras, they seem to be made by the same company. They used the same cases and the internals seem to be the same. Do you agree?
I don't know the answer to that, but I have several Meidase cameras and they have worked really well for me. When I started putting cameras out this year, I did have to delete them all from my app, and reinstall them to get them to work for some reason - but, they worked fine once I did that. I've been really happy with these cameras and ordered another one on Amazon for $50 last night. A no-glow, cellular camera for $50 that works well - hard to beat.

Ski,
When comparing the Gardepro and Madeise cameras, they seem to be made by the same company. They used the same cases and the internals seem to be the same. Do you agree?

They are exactly the same exterior and interface, so those parts I'm sure are made in same factory. The difference I've seen is in pic/vid quality and sound. Although only marginally, the Gardepro imaging is better and the sound is far better. They also advertise the use of Sony components whereas Meidase does not. So the guts are different.

Having a little background in manufacturing I suspect what's happening is that one factory is producing all of them. The Gardepro is the initial product and the Meidase is a very similar knock off for near same or slightly lower price.

China doesn't have the copyright laws or restrictions we do so this kind of thing is regular. It's super common in machinery and electronics. You can buy a metalworking lathe from two dozen different brands and pay wildly different prices when in reality they're identical, off same assembly line, differing only in color and branding. Seems same thing for trail cameras.

China doesn't have the copyright laws or restrictions we do so this kind of thing is regular. It's super common in machinery and electronics. You can buy a metalworking lathe from two dozen different brands and pay wildly different prices when in reality they're identical, off same assembly line, differing only in color and branding. Seems same thing for trail cameras.
Back when I got to know the people that built and sold Uway cameras, I got to learn a bit about manufacturing in China. The lack of copywrite laws (or lack of adherence to copywrite laws) turns Chinese manufacturing into a blood-bath of intellectual property theft. Engineers for companies constantly steal technology and then either sell the technology or start their own manufacturing using the stolen technology. It is an endless cycle. Back when the first black-flash cams with internal cameras started to come out, ALL of the cameras on the market (Uway, Covert, etc.) were being produced by the same small group of people, all of which had worked on the original camera design and then stole the technology and started manufacturing their own cameras. Just an endless cycle of technology theft.

Back when I got to know the people that built and sold Uway cameras, I got to learn a bit about manufacturing in China. The lack of copywrite laws (or lack of adherence to copywrite laws) turns Chinese manufacturing into a blood-bath of intellectual property theft. Engineers for companies constantly steal technology and then either sell the technology or start their own manufacturing using the stolen technology. It is an endless cycle. Back when the first black-flash cams with internal cameras started to come out, ALL of the cameras on the market (Uway, Covert, etc.) were being produced by the same small group of people, all of which had worked on the original camera design and then stole the technology and started manufacturing their own cameras. Just an endless cycle of technology theft.

Not just cameras. They do it with literally everything. That's the price and American company pays for getting a "deal" on manufacturing costs. Once you send manufacturing overseas you've lost your propriety.

In this particular case it works out for the consumer. The Meidase cameras are very, very near copies of the Gardepro, even sharing the exact shell and interface electronics, for less cost. The imaging components are the only real difference and it's miniscule. If I were to guess I'd assume the two brands are owned by same company.

Not just cameras. They do it with literally everything. That's the price and American company pays for getting a "deal" on manufacturing costs. Once you send manufacturing overseas you've lost your propriety.

And this can be scarily true, even a threat to our national security, and often causing us to pay far more on one hand, while we save money on a particular product on the other other hand.

So much technology is developed by American companies, and they need to command a certain price point to make their continued research & development profitable, rather than something that could bankrupt them.

And not just with technology, but with other things such as pharmaceuticals. Research & development can be the most expensive part of any product or drug. So when that's stolen, with impunity to the thieves, there becomes less incentive to create new drugs, or new technology, or new products. Then American jobs are lost, as we send our profits not just to foreign countries, but often to our enemies.

Even worse, sometimes it's not that our technology is stolen, but it is actually treasonously "given" to our enemies. Much of China's technology was given to them during the Clinton administration. They didn't steal all of it, albeit they may have bribed many corrupt people within our government. What Hunter Biden did may actually pale in comparison to what Bill Clinton has done, with total impunity.

All this to say, if at all reasonable or possible, buy stuff made in America, or at least from a country friendly to us, instead of a country hostile to us.

Back