• Help Support TNDeer:

changed up boats

Headhunter

I had a 17-1/2' boat with a 150 many years ago. Ran aluminum for several years and decided to go back to 17-1/2' with a 150. Older boat and needs some TLC, but runs great, top out in mid 60's on GPS and mechanically in awesome shape. Hoping it runs for a couple years. Compared to my 70 HP 4 stroke I am sure the gas bill will suck though.

Attachments

• new boat.jpg
    new boat.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,385
Nice boat. I used to have a 1991 Stratos 275 pro with a 150 Evinrude. It was a great boat. It topped out at 63 with a 25 pitch 4 blade. It had a better ride and was much better in rough water on KY lake than my Dad's 2007 Triton 18.5 ft. I think you will be real happy with that Stratos.

Hoping so Double brow. A friend of mine helped design this stratos (and many others) he had a 273 that he got 74 mph top end. I am not real interested in trying to go as fast as the boat will go but if I get bored I may play some. In his opinion the 273 was one of the best hulls they made, for handling, speed and comfort. Just a used boat and for sure putting some time and money into it to get it like I want.

Latest posts

Back