• Help Support TNDeer:

Check out this Rainbow

Cottontop

My son's college team hosted a bass tournament on Lake Guntersville this past weekend. check out the rainbow trout one of the guys brought in caught on a rat-L-Trap.
1.9 lbs

Buddy of mine caught one on a crank bait at Pickwick a few years ago during a tourney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to stir anything up, but I am curious, I know you have to have a trout stamp to keep in areas that are stocked, is this not the case when the stocking is illegal?

TNGunsmoke":z3hkvac0 said:
Not trying to stir anything up, but I am curious, I know you have to have a trout stamp to keep in areas that are stocked, is this not the case when the stocking is illegal?
Can't answer your question just thought i'd weigh in on something that relates. My son loves to trout fish ,I however do not I have been a bass fisherman for as long as I can remember but he"s constantly asking me to go says dad you can small mouth fish "now that gets my attention" The question do I have to have a trout stamp to small mouth fish in these waters where he is trout fishing "per say the Hiwassee"

I would think that would fall to warden's discretion. If you aren't keeping them, you should not need the stamp, but if you are fishing with your son, and he is keeping them then its a judgement call I'd think.

This trout was caught in Alabama. The kid was not sure what he had. The wildlife officer at the ramp told him to take it home and eat it. If it was stocked in Alabama, other than the Sipsey river then it was stocked illegally.

Latest posts

Back