• Help Support TNDeer:

Cleaned up the boat

catman529

I recently re-did the deck and bench seats, but the rest needed to be cleaned.

Yesterday I was on Priest, and a bottle of gear lube tipped over and the lid was not on. So bilge water and grease sloshed all over the floor of the boat, everything was a greasy mess.

So today I got a jug of degreaser and deep cleaned the whole inside. There was lots of shale gravel left over from past Dale Hollow trips. No more grease, dirt, gravel or mud.

Here's a crappy "before" pic with the old rotted deck.

acaa5cc02c00182aa11b287a8b2a2bec.jpg

And here with the new deck and after a good cleaning

1f5c23447f92c4f67d39002d0d363316.jpg

afbea77e93099dcac4ebf14f96eaeed7.jpg

8b0f8e3a0f175604be0552c47963d457.jpg

9c061246e24a160f32735b67968aac62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice wife and I spent 3-4hours cleaning our pontoon boat today, wished we had taken before and after picts..But hitting Cherokee lake tomorrow for lazy day and hopefully a few fish...We have our boat moored at Cherokee an otter had gotten under the cover...otter POOP and fish scales every where..it was a mess

Looks good! See you still got that old depth finder on there I gave ya! Let me know if it dies I got another one sitting in the garage.

TNTomtaker01":mkxz6dcd said:
Looks good! See you still got that old depth finder on there I gave ya! Let me know if it dies I got another one sitting in the garage.
It works great except for the thermometer. I actually was wanting another old simple one like that to put on the kayak. I will buy that other one from you if you want to part with it!

catman529":3h1p559h said:
TNTomtaker01":3h1p559h said:
It works great except for the thermometer. I actually was wanting another old simple one like that to put on the kayak. I will buy that other one from you if you want to part with it!
I'll try to get everything rounded up

Tennessee Lead":1nqsginy said:
Mudbone":1nqsginy said:
That's a sweet lil ole ride!
Yes it is.
When Catman was up at Dale Hollow he met up with me for a meet and greet. He had the boat in tow. Perfect little hunting rig.
I had the exact same boat when I was a younger man. My very first boat. Caught more fish out of that lil boat thAn every boat I have ever owned or fished off of combined. It was a fish magnet! Lol
If I'm remembering correctly I pretty much talked him into gettin it. Thought it may had even been my old one at first.

Latest posts

Back