• Help Support TNDeer:

Climbing stick rope mod question

I don't think that's a bad mindset, but at the same time you aren't hanging your body from the accessory cord. Looks like most 8mm cord is rated for at least 3k lbs.
This is true…what's the cost difference in the two ropes? Is the delta between the accessory cord vs static cord worth rolling the dice in the dark from 20' up a tree? Only you can make that decision for yourself but I'm not willing to put my trust in a rope unless it is fall rated.

I made the daisy chain amsteel rope for my hawks. And it seems fine to me. I also use the m7 stand. I'm happy with both so far. Last season was a first for both. I did it to try to lighten things up. But at the end of the day I'm not sure it's any lighter than my summit viper sd climber that weights 19lbs. Maybe I'll get more efficient as I go hope so.

I made the daisy chain amsteel rope for my hawks. And it seems fine to me. I also use the m7 stand. I'm happy with both so far. Last season was a first for both. I did it to try to lighten things up. But at the end of the day I'm not sure it's any lighter than my summit viper sd climber that weights 19lbs. Maybe I'll get more efficient as I go hope so.
Yeah you gotta pay top dollar to get sub 15 lbs in a whole set up

Back