• Help Support TNDeer:

Clinch outflow?

Hduke86

I've been to the Clinch a handful of times but the generation was at least 1 on and have been when there were 2 on but my question is with the "outage" I read on the website and the predicted flow for tomorrow. Today is 1 generation with an outflow of 4500 and tomorrow is predicting an outflow of 2100 so from my gathering which may be completely wrong, 2100 is 1 generation with no sluicing and 4500 is 1 generation with sluicing maybe? Can someone with more knowledge and experience educate me on this

The 2100 number is the average hourly outflow. Which takes into consideration any times that the water is off as well as on and averages those values to reach 2100.

Average 1 generator flow is 4000 Ish CFS and two generators is around 8000 cfs.

Does that help? If not I'm happy to go deeper

I'll give some of y'all a tip that are thinking about hitting the Clinch. Take a mental note of the generation and outflows of yesterday and IF you're bound and determined to float it say in a 1756Db xpress 30hp tiller DO NOT let me repeat myself DO NOT float beyond Miller island. I've been there numerous times and know for a fact I've floated it on 1 generation and had no problem but yesterday was a rough day on the water. I noticed as I was drifting by Miller island that the water was extremely shallow and I thought to myself " hmmm I've never noticed it that shallow on 1 gen" but a long story short we smacked a rock right below the water surface down stream of Miller and liked to took us overboard and once we got out of that situation I had to have the motor tilted all the way up with half the prop out of the water and my buddy sitting on the bow to keep us level just to get back up beyond Miller Island or we would have been digging riverbed and with the water choked down at Miller island made for fun trying to get back up against the current. We survived to fish another day but lesson learned for sure.

Latest posts

Back