• Help Support TNDeer:

Cold front cats

catman529

Went out Saturday afternoon and ran 20 limb lines and 9 noodles/jugs at dusk. Mostly live bluegill for bait.

Sunday morning had 6 cats, the small flathead was on a noodle, the rest on limb lines. The big flathead weighed 17 lbs and went back in the lake

13e6bde8ab3b29615ebee556e9b47220.jpg

64abb38472635406100990fd6bcfa1dd.jpg

bab6677d19eb3cdc72a9cf77f1b0d70f.jpg

Caught a bunch of small carp from shore as well

94df07e1fe6fd060b9eae05524a95a09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fairchaser":1rsmu4u5 said:
Good going Catman. That big one could replace your old pic! :super:
it's about time I get a new pic, but that grass carp was bigger than this flathead...maybe when I catch a real big flathead I can change my pic and actually live up to my username.

double browtine":3hyds28o said:
Watched your video. Looks like you had a good day. So do you eat the carp or just catch for fun? What lake?
naw I'm not fooling with the bones, I let them go and keep the catfish. Normandy lake...most of the carp there are very small. I even cut one up for bait

Catman-I occasionally fish for cafish in Normandy with rod and reel in spring and early summer, but not this time of year. You've gotten me interested. About how deep are you finding them along the banks where you set limb lines? Thanks.

gustaf":wxs3cvu1 said:
Catman-I occasionally fish for cafish in Normandy with rod and reel in spring and early summer, but not this time of year. You've gotten me interested. About how deep are you finding them along the banks where you set limb lines? Thanks.
I try to keep the bait close to the surface, within 2-4 feet usually, and hang them along the bluff

Back