• Help Support TNDeer:

WTB Coleman 508 stove

Wanted to Buy
Just curious why the 508 vs something like the 502 or the current production 533? I have a 502 and love it but I have no experience with the 508 or 533
Well, the 508 is the only one that I've had dealings with verses the 502. Another sibling actually had a new one back then. Just trying to get hands on another one for nostalgia reasons mainly. The 508 also has a lever for flame/heat adjustment that non of the others has that I've seen.
I may look deeper into the possibility of picking up a 502 if available. Would imagine that would be harder since it is an older model. I'm glad to hear you like the 502 and its still working well.

That's yeah I seen that also. That particular one looks like it may have some issues. Anyways I really just trust people on here opposed to FleeBay or BookFace.

Well, the 508 is the only one that I've had dealings with verses the 502. Another sibling actually had a new one back then. Just trying to get hands on another one for nostalgia reasons mainly. The 508 also has a lever for flame/heat adjustment that non of the others has that I've seen.
I may look deeper into the possibility of picking up a 502 if available. Would imagine that would be harder since it is an older model. I'm glad to hear you like the 502 and its still working well.
I completely understand the nostalgia part of it. One thing to consider is parts availability. I am not a big stove guy so I don't have much experience, but I do have an infatuation with old Coleman lanterns and I am a member of a couple different Facebook groups. One thing I hear people complain about is having a hard time finding generators for some of the older stoves. IDK if the 508 is in that boat or not.

I completely understand the nostalgia part of it. One thing to consider is parts availability. I am not a big stove guy so I don't have much experience, but I do have an infatuation with old Coleman lanterns and I am a member of a couple different Facebook groups. One thing I hear people complain about is having a hard time finding generators for some of the older stoves. IDK if the 508 is in that boat or not.
Will keep that in mind. I have read recently that the 508 generators are hard to come by.

Back