• Help Support TNDeer:

Consider my eyebrows raised

BSK

I've been complaing (read: whining) that I don't really have any bucks on camera this year that raised my eyebrows. My standards are not that high (3 1/2+, make the Top 20 All-Time for the property [needs to score 115+]), but I had only one buck that met those criteria. See the below video:

Attachments

• IMG_0053.MP4
    30.2 MB
The first one, agree with ski. If you have enough ground that he has a pretty strong chance of making it, he could be something really special next year. That 8 is a stud, he would be my target for sure.

If there was ever a "do not shoot" list then he needs to be on it. That's a legit clean 5x6 3yr old. Dude will quite plausibly be a 6x6 as a 4yr old. That's incredibly rare anywhere but I've not seen it at all in TN and I run lots of cams on lots of properties.
True 12-pointers are a real rarity in TN. But I did have this guy hanging around the property for a number of years. No one ever saw him. The first picture is 2 1/2, as an 8-point. Then the next picture 3 1/2, he's a 10-point. The next three pictures are him at 4 1/2 as a true 12-point. The last picture is him at 5 1/2. We believe he was hit by a car just as his antlers were hardening and all of the points were sheared off.

Attachments

• buck0622a.webp
    buck0622a.webp
    59.8 KB · Views: 1
  • buck0727a.webp
    buck0727a.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 1
  • buck0820a.webp
    buck0820a.webp
    106.4 KB · Views: 1
  • buck0820d.webp
    buck0820d.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 1
  • buck0820f.webp
    buck0820f.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 1
  • buck0918a.webp
    buck0918a.webp
    267.8 KB · Views: 1
The first one, agree with ski. If you have enough ground that he has a pretty strong chance of making it, he could be something really special next year. That 8 is a stud, he would be my target for sure.
Honestly, I hope one of my family members see that 11-point before I do. I don't want to have to make that hard choice knowing that big 8 is around!

Probably a pretty darn good guess. Doesn't look like he gained anything from 4 to 5 either. No pics of him after that?
Nope. EXTREMELY rare for a 5 1/2 year-old to survive the local conditions. Only one has ever made it to 7 1/2. The rut stress in these hills, especially in poor acorn years, is just too hard on old bucks.

Back