• Help Support TNDeer:

corn crops

shelbydeer said:
Seams like the crops that were planted late this year have no chance , the others got enough rain early that they will survive another week with no rain

Agreed. Our early planted crop will do just fine but it was a little too wet to get the whole bottom drilled until a little later. We got about 11 drops of rain yesterday evening (grateful!) but if something a little more substantial doesn't fall from the heavens very soon, some of it will be destined for cattle feed.

I imagine the gov't will use this to drive ethanol prices up even higher after the election.

Amazes me how the "futures" market sets gas prices. Yet predictably so, the gas price is dropping right as we head to election time.

We drove through Franklin County yesterday and saw about1-3 ears per stalk.

I have seen some good corn on the river,but get away from any water source and the corn is gone.
I am just worried about the acorns,with the wind we got ...it had to blow everything off a tree.

On some of the fields I walked, you have to go in 5 or 6 rows to find the first ear. This is in a open side to a pasture, not against a fence row.

I can't recall it ever being this bad.

Andy S. said:
tn droptine said:
Wife told me one of the farmers near our house was out cutting his corn down this week.....
My best friend told me today that a couple of corn fields close to my house (Tipton County) had been cut down in the last few days.

WOW. :eek:

I'm not that far from you in Millington. I've seen quite a few fields that are turning brown. Looks like it's a bad year for corn.

Latest posts

Back