• Help Support TNDeer:

County record??

Beardendy88

Seeing all these big bucks some of you guys have caught on camera got me to wondering if anybody knows of the state typical record for Bedford county TN

2 of the deer on the bedford county records page was killed on my old farm. wayne simons and larry moore. larry owned it before me, wayne bought it from me. kenny parker, also on that list, was teh vice principal when i taught at cascade school

Parsons Rick Bedford 157 6/8 Typ 1976 Gun

Sorry, I had it sorted wrong the first time. This is the top one

redblood said:
2 of the deer on the bedford county records page was killed on my old farm. wayne simons and larry moore. larry owned it before me, wayne bought it from me. kenny parker, also on that list, was teh vice principal when i taught at cascade school

maybe you'll be next!

Beardendy88 said:
157?? It just seems like bigger bucks than that have been killed out near my farm.

Not all big bucks end up in the book. Amazing how a county record can make next year's lease price increase exponentially.

I just checked Henderson County's. I use to be best friends with the guy, who with the 2nd biggest's, son and my dad knows everyone on the top five :)

his big 8 could make the list, apparently most Henderson county people don't score their deer lol

Thats true novacaine. I've been told by several TWRA agents around my area that they expect the next state record to come outta the southern Bedford county Lincoln county area.

I found out after a visit with an OFFICIAL Registry scorer that there are a BUNCH of "160-170" inch bucks reportedly "out there" that get their feelings hurt once they get scored.

Deductions for symmetry absolutely DESTROY a good score. The scores listed on the Registry are NET not gross.

Anyone can say this score or that score, just like on the TV, but once pencil, paper, and TAPE are put on the horn, that is when things get REAL!!!

It takes a FREAK, or a PERFECT rack to bust 150 net typical. ESPECIALLY in Tennessee.

the Powell buck 172 and change was as big and perfect as I have ever seen....a once in a lifetime deer, taken by a childhood best friend of mine and first cousin of a tndeer member.

pure luck.......lol.

My bother in law Cochran buck, score 155 and change, was also pure luck. he moved his stand three times before killing the deer and only killed it then when the deer swam the river escaping the rising backwater and nearly ran up the stand with him...another great deer!

some great deer taken in Haywood County,yet most big deer here are never even seen.....mainly due to the heavy timber and swampy terrain....imo. The refuge holds more than a few, imo.

a 180 inch typical would be amazing, yet not surprising to me.

I have that much faith in this area....that's why I sit all day ...lol.

Dreams do come true....lol.

102 said:
I found out after a visit with an OFFICIAL Registry scorer that there are a BUNCH of "160-170" inch bucks reportedly "out there" that get their feelings hurt once they get scored.

Deductions for symmetry absolutely DESTROY a good score. The scores listed on the Registry are NET not gross.

Anyone can say this score or that score, just like on the TV, but once pencil, paper, and TAPE are put on the horn, that is when things get REAL!!!

It takes a FREAK, or a PERFECT rack to bust 150 net typical. ESPECIALLY in Tennessee.

you are correct. And so am I. Most people do not believe what is going on in this little section of the county until they see it. INTENSE management is an understatement. I didn't think the results where possible, but I was wrong. More money than I make is being spent to do it.

Beardendy88,

Do you recongnize me?

SAM_0434.jpg

Latest posts

Back