• Help Support TNDeer:

County record??

there are bigger deer killed each yr, just not scored. one killed less than 1 mile from hillbilly the day before thanksgiing of 2011 will net more than 150, but has not been enetered, probably never will

GREAT buck.
Beautiful deer.

Looks like weather I spent the majority of my November rut in last season, and saw a TON of deer.

The deer that HH posted is a prime example of the "150-160" class deer the people speak of only to get realistic numbers of 125 when tapes are put to work. That deer there when seen from someone driving down the road is going to be a huge deer and biggest ever seen. And im not degrading that buck, but the appearance of that deer is far more than actual. Great deer HH by the way

Got alot of pics of this buck last year. I don't know what he would score. But I think he might be in the top 10 in my county.

271-1.jpg

Very hard to say with just this picture, but IMO that would appear be a heavy horned, older aged class, only a "glance and shoot" buck.

Looks like that buck had no business messing with that big boy...totally outclassed and a shame. Did you ever see him yourself or just got pics? Looks like he was out and about in daylight late in the season.

I jumped the buck up one morning going back to my ATV. I got in the woods really early and had a 20 min walk to where I was hunting him. I hunted until 11 am and headed out, he was bedded less than a 100 yds from my ATV. He was bedded on a ledge looking down to where I had my ATV parked. Other than that encounter never seen him other than on camera. I have a couple hundred pics of him and another fella had a bunch of pics of him before archery season opened.

I noticed that the same person had 2 deer listed for President's Island, 1 in 2005 and the other in 2008. How does a person get drawn twice within 4 years?

I know where a 162 ten point is in Bedford county. He killed it within 2 miles from the Walmart DC. He will not put any deer in the registry because it will draw attention to the farms he hunts. It was officially measured by a pope and young Rep. He killed it in 07 with a rifle during the rut.

Novocaine said:
Beardendy88 said:
157?? It just seems like bigger bucks than that have been killed out near my farm.

Not all big bucks end up in the book. Amazing how a county record can make next year's lease price increase exponentially.

Amen to the above. Check with Kenny Potts at Potts Deer Processing in Wartrace. Approximently 1992-93 I saw the head of non-typical at Potts that was killed at an undisclosed location in Bedford County. It was way in excess of 150. It would have been hard to beat if it had been entered. It made the Shelbyville newspaper.

my uncle has the biggest deer killed in humphreys according to the page. seems like theres been bigger deer then that killed around here though? how often do they update this?

oldmanelrod said:
Novocaine said:
Beardendy88 said:
157?? It just seems like bigger bucks than that have been killed out near my farm.

Not all big bucks end up in the book. Amazing how a county record can make next year's lease price increase exponentially.

Amen to the above. Check with Kenny Potts at Potts Deer Processing in Wartrace. Approximently 1992-93 I saw the head of non-typical at Potts that was killed at an undisclosed location in Bedford County. It was way in excess of 150. It would have been hard to beat if it had been entered. It made the Shelbyville newspaper.
In 1993? I remember hearing about a big freak shot in Bedford county but never saw any photos.

Goose Thumper said:
my uncle has the biggest deer killed in humphreys according to the page.
....that has been entered for official record keeping. Remember, not all high scoring deer get entered. IMO, I'd say more are not entered than are.

Goose Thumper said:
......seems like theres been bigger deer then that killed around here though?
Most likely has. I know of at least three guys that have 170"+ gross deer in my county that will NEVER see a record book. They are not against record keeping or anything, they just are more worried about their next hunting and/or fishing trip rather than a record book entry.

Latest posts

Back