• Help Support TNDeer:

Coyote Advice

AlexDad

I posted some time back about my coyote problem. I have an e-call but I've got 2 gangs of coyotes and I know they are a different group because of the pic timing and distance between. ALL my pics are from 1AM to 4AM and I can not call one out during the day. I have went from an abundance of turkeys to not getting a turkey pic in almost 2 years.

Between 2 cams I can gather I have about 18-20 coyotes EVERY morning during the same time frame. I don't really want to trap because I have neighbor's dogs that come over on my property and I get along with them and their dogs don't cause a problem. Plus I don't live on this land and if a pet got caught in a trap I can't just run out there to get it. I like the people that live around there but don't want to just give them free reign to walk all over everything if there dog doesn't come on the first whistle.

Unless I'm wrong I can shoot a coyote at night, I just can't use thermal - is that correct?

Check out this article. Good info and answers to your questions.

Maybe this'll be expanded to rimfire rifles in the future. But besides trapping/snaring them, they will wise up to a call real quick after a buddy or 2 gets it from a shotgun. Is the place bushhogged? Cut bushhogged fields are hard on everything except coyotes and hawks/owls IMO.

Maybe this'll be expanded to rimfire rifles in the future. But besides trapping/snaring them, they will wise up to a call real quick after a buddy or 2 gets it from a shotgun. Is the place bushhogged? Cut bushhogged fields are hard on everything except coyotes and hawks/owls IMO.
No, not bushhogged. Actually very little open space except for the dried up creek bed that's just exposed limestone when it's dry, which happens to be one of the places I get pics 1:30-2:00 every morning.

Check out this article. Good info and answers to your questions.

Yep answers my questions. My yotes don't show 30 min before and after sunrise. Guess I just need to tell my neighbors keep their dogs off my property for a while because I'll have to trap.

Which e-call? what calls you using? If there are 20 dogs in the area, you should have a few come charging in with howls right now in the first hour of daylight.

Latest posts

Back