• Help Support TNDeer:

Coyote & Bobcat season Shotgun Only after Deer Season

gwhjr

I saw this in the 'what's new' section online while reviewing recent changes. I'm curious what shotgun only no single projectiles means? No slugs? Do they really want me calling in these size animals to shotgun pellet range? Sounds adventurous to say the least. Maybe I'm just green. Any experienced coyote /bobcat hunters able to advise?

You are correct no slugs, messaged a game warden to ask about buckshot but he never responded, If I was going to go I might carry a mixed load in the shotgun, T shot is supposed to be really good but have never shot any, the turkey and duck loads would take 1 out with no problems, I wouldn't worry about not being able to stop them, when the shells start popping they won't want nothing to do with you lol.

In the past we used "T" shot. it is only slightly smaller than #4 buckshot. HeviShot and the Hornady T shot will kill them very well. The turkey loads, not so much. In the past buckshot wasn't legal for anything except may be hogs. I've seen hogs on television shows "suck up" some buckshot, but that probably has more to do with hit locations.

Something new? They restricted it to shotgun only? Is this night hunting?
There is a HUGE thread on the other forums about this. They even allow Nightvision devices. No slugs, only shot. Just check on the new rules. I don't think you can do it during deer season either, but I haven't really read it a lot.

There is a HUGE thread on the other forums about this. They even allow Nightvision devices. No slugs, only shot. Just check on the new rules. I don't think you can do it during deer season either, but I haven't really read it a lot.
If it's at night I completely agree with shotgun only. During the day you used to be able to use centerfire anytime big game season was closed.

Back