• Help Support TNDeer:

Crappie depth right now?

TNReb

Water temp in Old Hickory was 53 this evening. What depths should I be looking? Caught them in 10ft last weekend. I'm guessing they haven't moved?

I believe that's where my buddies are fishing in a tourney this weekend. They caught 4 keepers yesterday. Leaders weighed in a little over 10 lbs (7 fish limit)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbhunter":18zdvz1u said:
I believe that's where my buddies are fishing in a tourney this weekend. They caught 4 keepers yesterday. Leaders weighed in a little over 10 lbs (7 fish limit)

I'm rooting for Harold dude maddux in the semi pro class.Hes good friends with a friend of mine,great guy.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

We never got on to them real good today. Caught about a dozen of these keepers, and twice as many that wouldn't measure.

These were all in 4-8ft.
5addc6dc9f7fef61fde065a7f9c97e38.jpg

bluball":231gpiw8 said:
cbhunter":231gpiw8 said:

I'm rooting for Harold dude maddux in the semi pro class.Hes good friends with a friend of mine,great guy.

he was in second yesterday after the weigh ins

Rackseeker":1jsz8lhe said:
My buddy and I have been catching them in 20' of water, suspended about 3' off the bottom. Had 30 last friday and 28 yesterday. Largest was 14".
Any have eggs?

A few of ours today did.

TNReb":192mlnzn said:
Rackseeker":192mlnzn said:
My buddy and I have been catching them in 20' of water, suspended about 3' off the bottom. Had 30 last friday and 28 yesterday. Largest was 14".
Any have eggs?

A few of ours today did.

Yea few had eggs, we caught 20 good keepers this morning. I think they are starting to make the move to shallower water over this way.

Went to woods Friday seen about 30 boats all were crappie fishing .We went to bass fish but ended up trying our hand at catching crappie. We caught 3 keepers 12 to 13.5 inches and they all had eggs in them

WTM":1zpnu0bq said:
were the eggs bloody or have veins in them?
On ky lake weekend before last the blacks had the veins and some really colored up fish.The whites didn't have the veins like the blacks did.Didnt catch many,but had good quality fish.Fished yesterday but threw them all back or I could get you the condition of eggs from this last weekend.Reason I didn't keep any is because I have enough to eat on in the freezer,just fishing for fun.

bluball":1vcn5ck9 said:
WTM":1vcn5ck9 said:
were the eggs bloody or have veins in them?
On ky lake weekend before last the blacks had the veins and some really colored up fish.The whites didn't have the veins like the blacks did.Didnt catch many,but had good quality fish.Fished yesterday but threw them all back or I could get you the condition of eggs from this last weekend.Reason I didn't keep any is because I have enough to eat on in the freezer,just fishing for fun.

thanks man. i have next week scheduled but am thinking of changing it to the week after next.

If I go this weekend I will let you know what they look like,I fish about every weekend.

bluball":2hui4bom said:
If I go this weekend I will let you know what they look like,I fish about every weekend.

You not turkey hunting?

X-Tennessean":3au5jem9 said:
bluball":3au5jem9 said:

You not turkey hunting?
Only been 2-3times in the last 2 yrs,it interferes with fishing[emoji23]

bluball":3hn50uww said:
X-Tennessean":3hn50uww said:
bluball":3hn50uww said:

You not turkey hunting?
Only been 2-3times in the last 2 yrs,it interferes with fishing[emoji23]

Tell me bout it!! I have to try and get my "fix" in for both of them.

Latest posts

Back