• Help Support TNDeer:

Crappie Trip (Update)

I am looking for a good crappie guide/fishing trip for my daughter (age 18) and me in early spring. We have been going crappie fishing for the last few years and it has become a trip both of us enjoy. 1st year went to Chicamagua, 2nd year to Percy Priest, last year was a bust due to Covid. We would like to try a different lake this year but don't have any ideas on who or where (Kentucky, Barkley, Center Hill....etc). Any ideas would be much appreciated.

UPDATE........
Crappie fished today with Terry Elliott (www.elliottsguideservice.com). First let me say, Terry is a very good guide and I would strongly recommend him. From what I gathered today, he is a stand up guy as well. We met at the boat ramp at 7:30 and arrived back at 4:30. He had everything we needed for the day excluding snacks and drinks, which we brought. The fishing was tough with muddy water and post storm conditions but the day was beautiful and we enjoyed being out there. Terry had multiple stake beds marked and there were definitely plenty of spots/options to fish. Spider rigging was something I had never done before but it quickly grew on me. All my daughter and I had to do was watch the rods and bring in the fish. Terry did everything else. We ended up the day with 15 and let go about half of that of short fish. Terry even cleaned and bagged our fish before we left for home. Overall, great trip, great guide, and beautiful day.
Glad yall had a good time and thanks for the review,always heard terry was a goodun.

Latest posts

Back