• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots CULTIPACKER FOOD PLOTTING...

redblood

Really considering going largely to no till option tp expand my foodplotting. have lots of grown over fields that i do not till. was thinking about getting a cultipacker lay down the native forage, then spray it.i know it would need to put the sed down before the cultipacking took place. it be a cheap fall planting for me- rye, wheat or brassicas.

anyone else down this- have you have good luck? would be just the ticket for me roughest ground i feel

That's all I do anymore. However, I broadcast the seed before I mow and spray. This gives the seed a good thatch covering. Plus, it increases germination considerably. A lot of seed thrown down onto mowed plants never makes contact with the soil. It lays there in or on top of the thatch. A cultipacker will help with that, but still not as good as seeding first, then mowing and spraying.

I didn't know I could do this. I usually spray. When it is good and dead I broadcast seed. Then I mow. I am behind this year. Do you think I could spray it, wait a couple days and broadcast my seed then mow what is left. I would probably fertilize after that. Also, has anyone ever used one of the tractor supply sprayers with wheels that has a boom. Was wondering did they hold up ok or are they junk. I need a new sprayer.

Latest posts

Back