• Help Support TNDeer:

Food Plots CULTIPACKER FOOD PLOTTING...

What do yall spray? Anything product in particular yall recommend?
Depends on what you want to kill. If you want to kill everything, glysophate. This year, I had a fair amount of crimson clover growing in my summer plots that I didn't want to kill, so I sprayed Clethodim to kill the foxtail, crabgrass, and sorghum still alive in the plots after mowing.

I spray & wait 10-14 days, sow, mow & cultipack. This year it laid there over 3 weeks before rain & got good germination. Only 2nd year to do this process
I used to do the "spray, wait, then mow" technique, but once I started mixing sorghum into my summer plots, it became nearly impossible to spray it standing. The picture below doesn't do justice to how tall my sorghum got. In places it was over 6 feet tall. How do you spray that and hope to get herbicides all the way to the ground?

Attachments

• Buck2408a.webp
    Buck2408a.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 1
I used to do the "spray, wait, then mow" technique, but once I started mixing sorghum into my summer plots, it became nearly impossible to spray it standing. The picture below doesn't do justice to how tall my sorghum got. In places it was over 6 feet tall. How do you spray that and hope to get herbicides all the way to the ground?
I've planted a shorter variety of grain sorghum that's approximately 4 feet tall.i raised my sprayer above and had no problems getting a good spray. I've also planted Egyptian wheat that was way too tall (10+ feet ) to spray. I am using a HOT gly @ 3 qts per with 20 gallons of water while spraying early mornings while dew is available. Just a suggestion.

Latest posts

Back