• Help Support TNDeer:

CVA Scout Takedown

tpgarrett21

I'm guessing a few on this forum are like me in they've got more guns than time to ever shoot them.... but... finally got around to tinkering with some of my 243s and was surprised at a couple. working up a load for this Steyr pro hunter ll, so far 87 vmax is looking promising. first shots taken with my CVA Scout takedown and Tikka superlite.(with factory ammo) maybe I can get them tightened up, but for a 350 dollar rifle I was pretty pleased, hopefully the Tikka comes around. picture is the last groups I had time to shoot. top is Tikka with 90 grain Nosler BT, lower is CVA with 90 grain ELDX.... the CVAs are pretty good little rifles. oh... and BTW sighted in an AR. Bear Creek 7.62x39 side charging upper/ Anderson lower with Sig red dot at 50 yards and was pretty pleased.

I have been very pleased with the Scouts. I have 5 now. Youth models in 7-08 and 243 and the take down in 35 Whelen, 45-70 and 350 legend. I am very pleased with all of them. The accuracy is as good or better than some much more expensive rifles and the triggers are very nice as well. My only complaint is that I hate the stocks. Especially on the 35 Whelen and 45-70. I am looking at the Boyd replacement stocks.

I have been very pleased with the Scouts. I have 5 now. Youth models in 7-08 and 243 and the take down in 35 Whelen, 45-70 and 350 legend. I am very pleased with all of them. The accuracy is as good or better than some much more expensive rifles and the triggers are very nice as well. My only complaint is that I hate the stocks. Especially on the 35 Whelen and 45-70. I am looking at the Boyd replacement stocks.
Those little compact 350 legends make a heck of a treestand gun , for woods hunting

What the LOP on the compacts? I read 14" but that seems long for a compact rifle?

Yes the Scout v2 compact is 13" where the scout TD is 14"

Attachments

• IMG_0447.webp
    IMG_0447.webp
    112.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0446.webp
    IMG_0446.webp
    124.6 KB · Views: 1
How does your 350 shoot?

This whole 25grs of powder and excellent performance will ruin a man, lol.
I haven't shot it yet. Just picked it up a couple weeks ago and haven't decided what scope to put on it. Pretty sure I have talked myself into the VX Freedom 3x9

I haven't shot it yet. Just picked it up a couple weeks ago and haven't decided what scope to put on it. Pretty sure I have talked myself into the VX Freedom 3x9

A friend has one of the 350 Leupold 3-9's on his and likes it.

A friend has one of the 350 Leupold 3-9's on his and likes it.
I have looked at them and I like the idea. From what I have read they are "calibrated" for 150grain I am going to be shooting 170 or 180 grain and I am not sure how or if that will make much difference.

I have looked at them and I like the idea. From what I have read they are "calibrated" for 150grain I am going to be shooting 170 or 180 grain and I am not sure how or if that will make much difference.

He shoots 170's and it seemed to do well. I've not shot mine over 125yds, it's a fixed 4x for me right now.

I've been seriously debating on getting the 44 magnum version and possibly 35 Whelen... me and a buddy were discussing the amount of money we (ie hunters etc) waste on expensive rifles and pistols, and they not really perform any better than cheaper ones... his brother just bought a Mark V Weatherby in 257 that would hold only a 3 inch group...

I hunt a .45-70 Scout V2 converted to .45 smokeless MZer, and a .243 CVA Scout TD Compact. As mentioned above, both are solid guns that are a joy to tote, shoot and hunt with, especially in the woods where I hunt 99% of the time. My .45 smokeless is my go to MZer and the .243 has a can on it for suppressed hunting. V2 LOP is 14", compact is 13".

I've been seriously debating on getting the 44 magnum version and possibly 35 Whelen... me and a buddy were discussing the amount of money we (ie hunters etc) waste on expensive rifles and pistols, and they not really perform any better than cheaper ones... his brother just bought a Mark V Weatherby in 257 that would hold only a 3 inch group...
I love my 35 whelen. The muzzle break does a very good job but holy cow is that thing loud.

I hunt a .45-70 Scout V2 converted to .45 smokeless MZer, and a .243 CVA Scout TD Compact. As mentioned above, both are solid guns that are a joy to tote, shoot and hunt with, especially in the woods where I hunt 99% of the time. My .45 smokeless is my go to MZer and the .243 has a can on it for suppressed hunting. V2 LOP is 14", compact is 13".
here lately I've been really getting into my 243s, i like em all, but I've always been 308/22-250 guy. wish I would've ordered another Steyr 243 when they were on sale at Palmetto, it's the bees knees

when I watched Who-tee-who on YouTube try his out i was impressed, it was accurate... these little CVAs are just great guns, cheap, stainless, threaded, accurate, what's not to like
Funny you say that. I was looking for a 700 to re-barrel when I ran upon his video. I didn't even know CVA made a 35 whelen before that.

Latest posts

Back