• Help Support TNDeer:

Daiwa Certate spinning reels.

Snowwolfe

Ever since handling a Shimano Stella at a store had a desire to own a high end spinning reel. But the price of the Stella (about $850) was simply to high for my tastes. I widened my search last month and discovered Daiwa just redid their Certate line. Decided to take the plunge and ordered a CERTATE LT4000-CXH. It arrived the other day and all I can say is WOW. The smoothless and precision is unbelievable. The drag is rated at 26.5 pounds and is smooth as silk. The adjustment range of the drag seems to be endless. For a medium sized spinning reel the drag puts it in a league of its own. Hope to go fishing this coming week and try it in the water. We mainly fish for cats and stripers and its possible at any time to hook into a 40+ fish so a good drag is important. The reel oozes quality from the finish to the smoothness of the gears. Every bit as good as the Stella but at half the cost.

My wife "frowned" on me spending so much on a reel. I handed the reel to her and asked her to look it over and try turning the handle, about 30 seconds later she told me, "I want one". This reel might of put me on a slippery slope because now I want to own other Certate models.
Treat yourself and try one, you will be glad you did. Worth the money? Thats up to the user. It all boils down to personal tastes and desires.

even their budget reels are excellent. the fuego or tatula in spinning or baitcaster are awesome reels and have some of the same features as their high end reels.

Don't know nothing about the Certate, but I own and still fish every Old School wooden handle BG series they made, from the 10 to the 90. Have caught thousands of both inshore and offshore fish on these reels, recreational and commercial, and they have never failed me. Dug the 30 and 60 out of storage and put them back to work Rockfishing up here. Drag washers and bearings are still able to be found readily. My buddy bought the newer BG 4000 and it has been a good 'un so far, as well.

Sounds like something I do NOT need to ever have in my hands! LOL
Congrats though, sounds like you are really gonna like it.

Love the new avatar too by the way. :super:

Back