• Help Support TNDeer:

Trail cams going off this morning

Depends what unit you're in. 2 bucks, no more than 1 a day statewide. Does are 3 per day in units 1-3. Units 4-6 breaks it down by archery, ML, and rifle.

You say "does" 3 per day. Holy crap, that could amount to a lot of deer in one week....sorry if I sound confused, but, here we get one tag, and that's it for the season.

You say "does" 3 per day. Holy crap, that could amount to a lot of deer in one week....sorry if I sound confused, but, here we get one tag, and that's it for the season.
Yep, I get it. Growing up in NE we'd get one tag. In the 90's; you get one tag but if you checked a doe then they'd issue you another tag.

Won't know until I check mine.
You may have said this on another thread but I'm curious as to why you aren't using cell cams? I think I've seen you say before that you run a lot of cameras. No judgement just genuinely curious. Appreciate the wisdom you share in these threads.

You may have said this on another thread but I'm curious as to why you aren't using cell cams? I think I've seen you say before that you run a lot of cameras. No judgement just genuinely curious. Appreciate the wisdom you share in these threads.
Three reasons: 1) VERY poor cell reception in my area. I can only get one bar of reception on just the highest ridge-tops. Anywhere off the crest of a ridge and it's a no-go. 2) Because I'm running season-long photo censuses, I need a LOT of data. The more the better. Transmitting all that data would be very expensive. 3) I've switched from still images to all video. Those videos would never transmit via cell (every video is 50 MB, and I'm going to collect - on average - 12,000 of them during the season).

The more the better.
I started out with cell cams more as a "supplement" to all the regular cams, also being in a large area with spotty cell service.

Maybe not as a part of your ongoing research studies, but more as an idea what's happening in & around your property, closer to real time, you could have a few cell cams. Run your cell cams in still pic mode, and with the Brownings, you can set high-res stills to take similar to video (if you want).

Regarding the poor cell service, auxiliary antennae are cheap, and can be run high up a tree (one time can last years). Even without a solar panel, you should typically only need to visit these particular cell cams once or twice annually to change the batteries and trim some plant growth.

Adding a few cell cams, especially at points of egress, could keep you better overall informed as to what's happening on your property.

Latest posts

Back