• Help Support TNDeer:

3 months until a duodecennial….

@Bucket a new whiskey has been named with the ending of elk camp. The freedom to do this hasn't gone unnoticed.
IMG_6579.webp

The trip is coming to an end, it's been an epic experience. Personally, I can't believe I got to do this. Most people would thank their wife for allowing them to live in the mountains and chase elk for multiple weeks. Me, I just hope I have a wife when I get back home tomorrow.

BB has a lot of catching up to do. For once me having el cheapo t-mobile has paid off.

✌️

Last edited:
@Bucket a new whiskey has been named with the ending of elk camp. The freedom to do this hasn't gone unnoticed.
View attachment 245593

The trip is coming to an end, it's been an epic experience. Personally, I can't believe I got to do this. Most people would thank their wife for allowing them to live in the mountains and chase elk for multiple weeks. Me, I just hope I have a wife when I get back home tomorrow.

BB has a lot of catching up to do. For once me having el cheapo t-mobile has paid off.

✌️
T Mobile the last couple years works in many places out west now that Verizon does not, NM is one state in particular. It is interesting, Verizon used be the end all out west. Not anymore.

I fly into Riverton on Saturday, September 21st. Tellico is still about 2.5 hours out, so Travis and AT come to pick me up, looking and smelling like they've spent the last week chopping up Rob's mom and spreading her around the desert (inside joke that AT may let you in on). We run out to AT's house to wait on Tellico and let the partners in crime wash the evidence down the drain.

20240921_182541.webp

We head to camp. Holy Yugo, I've never done a DIY hunt like this; wood stoves, baking ovens, deep fryers, showers, and even a yugo bucket for when the urge hits.

20240924_150923.webp

At camp, we toasted AT's bull with a shot of "Old Elk". They wanted to pour rounds for everyone, but i didn't feel right drinking anymore Old Elk until I killed one of my own. Although, my definition of an old Elk is anything with branch antlers. I kicked back with the old reliable, Lite.

20240921_202321.webp

Disclaimer; if this differs from what AT posted (I haven't read what he's posted since Sept 21), believe him, not me. I like a good story better than reality.

While we are all left wandering if BB is busy burying his wife in the back 40 or not, I'll share a recent cocktail recipe I concocted/stole/improved upon.

I call it "elk blood", don't confuse it with Cam Haynes and Rogan's energy drink, this one has the opposite effect.

2 oz bourbon. Wish I had some Old Elk left but this WYO special release fits just right.

1/2 oz luxerdo
2 dashes of quality bitters, don't skimp. Actually I'd skimp on bourbon before I did on bitters.

Pour luxerdo in bottom of glass and swirl. Pour bourbon and bitters over that. Some ice and give it a few stirs.

IMG_6613.webp

You can drain it or allow ice to melt and slowly sip away. I like to allow ice to melt while I sip and cook elk tenderloin on the smoker.
IMG_6614.webp

Last edited:
While we are all left wandering if BB is busy burying his wife in the back 40 or not, I'll share a recent cocktail recipe I concocted/stole/improved upon.

I call it "elk blood", don't confuse it with Cam Haynes and Rogan's energy drink, this one has the opposite effect.

2 oz bourbon. Wish I had some Old Elk left but this WYO special release fits just right.

1/2 oz luxerdo
2 dashes of quality bitters, don't skimp. Actually I'd skimp on bourbon before I did on bitters.

Pour luxerdo in bottom of glass and swirl. Pour bourbon and bitters over that. Some ice and give it a few stirs.

You can drain it or allow ice to melt and slowly sip away. I like to allow ice to melt while I sip and cook elk tenderloin on the smoker.
That's a lot of work. Wouldn't it be easier to hit it straight from the bottle?

IMG_6574.webp

Latest posts

Back