• Help Support TNDeer:

Adequate penetration

Rabbitkil

I know there is a ton of debate about arrow weight and penetration on the interwebs idk the magic number but I believe my 550grains from a 82lb bow is more than enough.. had a little mishap with a bare shaft earlier

I figure if a bare shaft will penetrate far enough to get stuck in a cinder block wall it will go through a deer

IMG_6671.webp
IMG_6672.webp

82lb? Why? Just gonna hurt your shoulder brother. End up like me and can't pull a bow, can't swing a golf club. For smart shots (30yd and under) there is not need to go over 60.

Not judging you, just don't wanna see folks make the same mistake I did and be miserable.

82lb? Why? Just gonna hurt your shoulder brother. End up like me and can't pull a bow, can't swing a golf club. For smart shots (30yd and under) there is not need to go over 60.

Not judging you, just don't wanna see folks make the same mistake I did and be miserable.

It feels the same as 70lbs to me if I ever start having any pain I'll go down in weight I've already had shoulder surgery due to a motorcycle wreck and it doesn't bother that shoulder

It feels the same as 70lbs to me if I ever start having any pain I'll go down in weight I've already had shoulder surgery due to a motorcycle wreck and it doesn't bother that shoulder
Mine is a tear in rotator cuff. I would shoot a minimum of 75 sticks per day all year long. Loved it. When the pain started I started backing down but by that point it was too late. You do you but I wish someone had convinced me to back off before this happened.

At 52 lbs 29in draw , i get pass throughs and into the dirt, with 380 grains coc heads. I believe you might,maybe, be ok 😂 i remember when i shot 80lbs and it would literally roll them over like a rifle when you hit em thru the shoulders

Latest posts

Back