• Help Support TNDeer:

Daughter’s Juvie Success

TN Larry

It's been a good day considering the weather. My son just turned 17 so just have my daughter to take.

She was buck hunting this morning and passed on five does. We sat through quite a bit of rain but didn't get too wet as the stand was in a bushy tree.

We sat on the ground this afternoon watching a bean field that got cut last night. Our first guest of the night was a ground hog. She decided that she was shooting a doe this afternoon. We had 2 step in the field about 100 yds 25 mins prior to shooting light. She decided to go ahead and shoot. She had a good rest and whiffed the first shot. I have no idea what she did but must have jerked the trigger. Luckily, the deer ran towards us a little and stopped. I told her to take her time and shoot again. This was a little closer but no rest. I was watching through binoculars, and she drilled it that time.

Was a big doe for our area and dead in the edge of the field. Drove the truck right to her. One happy young lady. Hoping her buck shows before church in the morning.

IMG_4517.webp

IMG_4520.webp

Latest posts

Back