• Help Support TNDeer:

dead whiteoaks

TN RDG RNR

I noticed this week a large number of dead whiteoaks here in Rhea County. Last year there wasnt any white oak acorns, now this year looks like they are dying off. Anyone else seeing it in thier area?

A friend of mine says he is loosing red and white oaks. His farm is on loudon/roane county line.

They are having problems with Ash trees in that area. There is actually a quarantine for Ash in a few counties due to the Ash borer beatle. Haven't heard anything about the oaks though. You might contact the forestry office in your area and report what you are seeing. They might be able to tell you what is happening.

I had read that the disease that was killing oaks was mainly red oaks..............did i get that wrong?
this started out in the midwest area me thinks if my memory serves me correctly. :confused:

Having the mild winter we had this year could be playing a role in it. I know my asthma and allergies have been worse this year than ever before , about to get the best of this old man.

I've got several big white oaks on my property in McMinn county that are dying. I kinda wondered believe it or not if it wasn't all of the fire ants that build around them but I'm cluelss. All I know is they are dying......

Latest posts

Back