• Help Support TNDeer:

Diehard Hunter Pays a Visit

rsimms

Robert Brewer (TNDeer's DiehardHunter) is a Biology Professor, a conservation leader and a Dad. It was an honor to get to fish with he and his son, Curt, Sunday. We had some amazing weather ... a 48 degree low at my house. Robert was wishing it was deer season.

We didn't start fishing until 10 am because of low water flow. I predicted the fishing would be better in the afternoon (I hate it when I'm wrong).

We started strong... or I should say, Curt started strong. I think at one point he was up on his Dad, 5 to 0. Robert finally found his groove, and might have won the day on numbers (maybe)... but Curt definitely took Big Fish Honors.

Back to my prediction... I was counting on the fishing improving when heavier water flow (from Chickamauga Dam) kicked in gear in the afternoon. I had done real good late afternoon Thursday. But I don't believe I've ever been THIS wrong. After about 4 pm, it seemed as if every catfish in the river had gone South for the winter.

But all in all, we couldn't complain. We calculated we put well over 100 pounds of catfish in the boat, maybe much more. AND, it was an absolutely glorious day to be on the water, and that means life is good and gettin' better every day.

brewer07.jpg

brewer06.jpg

brewer03.jpg

brewer01.jpg

We had a great time! We will be back! One of these days I an gonna get Curt to teach me how to fish! That boy could catch fish in a mud puddle!

Latest posts

Back