• Help Support TNDeer:

Difficult Fishing this Spring/Summer on Kentucky Lake ?

Land Between the Lakes

It seems like a lot of people are talking about how the fishing has been much tougher than normal on KY Lake and Barkley Lake this Spring and Summer. A lot of people are saying they are not catching nearly as many Bass or finding nearly as many Bass on their sonar.

I am finding the same thing. A lot of ledges that used to have big schools of Bass, just don't seem to have anything on them this Summer. I have noticed this in a lot of spots throughout the lake.

Have any of you experienced this so far this Summer ?

I think it may have something to do with all the Asian Carp in the lake, and the increased tournament pressure on the ledges. Another factor is it seems like everyone now has a modern sonar with side scan/ down scan technology. So spots that used to be secret are now being found, fished, and pressured by anyone with a modern sonar. It seems like no matter where you are on the lake you see boats driving around in circles looking for and marking ledges and schools of fish on their sonars. Personally I think this makes fish harder to catch and it may even scatter the fish out more.

Latest posts

Back