• Help Support TNDeer:

Do licenses run for a full year?

CliffordN

I am about to buy a fishing license, and yes I could probably look it up but what fun is that? My question is, if I get one today when does it expire? A year from now, or do they all go out on the same date every year?

But wait, it says I can buy one this Friday and it is good till the end of February 2023... Now we are talkin!
Well there ya go. I knew there was some over run there but, wasn't sure on specifics. Been too long. Mine has been auto renew for so long now I don't even think about it. New card just shows up sometime in March each year.

Yes, they changed that this year.
Normally they expire the end of February but this year it is one year from the day you buy it.
Makes more sense for new folks like this fella. I remember takin a fella from church fishing some years back mid-Feb and him realizing he'd bought a license good for about 15 days. Based on the way he fished it didn't matter much but still...

I am about to buy a fishing license, and yes I could probably look it up but what fun is that? My question is, if I get one today when does it expire? A year from now, or do they all go out on the same date every year?
I would check on that. I think they changed that where it would be a year from date of purchase. I'm not sure that is in effect yet. New license go on sale before Feb 28th. I would call Nashville. Don't rely on a license dealer to know the new rules.

Latest posts

Back