• Help Support TNDeer:

Do people not care?

It's not tournament fishermen, the lower end of Cherokee Lake closes in July and reopens in September because the striper fishermen were catching fish deep off the oxygen generators and releasing them to die so they could keep fishing. There would be times where 200 or more dead fish would be lying around the picnic and swimming areas.

If you read the warnings most lakes and streams are polluted and they recommend not even eating the fish. I eat a bunch of them. But mercury levels must be sky high around the eastern part of the state anyway.

They usually have 1 or 2 river cleanup events per year. I know Tellico River was having one this month (may be this weekend actually). Few people ever show up at them to participate.

Its not just fishermen with trash either...people as a whole, suck and are pigs. Pigs are cleaner than some people. I live on a shortcut access road that people take to go to the county landfill. There are dumped couches, chairs, mattresses, washers, dryers, tires...you name it...in nearly every ditch or pull off on the road. People are too lazy to stop and pick it up if it falls off their trailer and then some don't want to pay the landfill disposal fees and just dump the stuff out. I drove up on 2 guys unloading their couch and junk in one of the curves down from my driveway one night. I knew they weren't heading to the landfill cause it was well past closing. I was a little irate and probably didn't handle it as well as I should have. But I ended up making them load every bit of stuff back onto their trailer. They refused at first but I "persuaded" them into doing so ;) Had another guy that lives down the road that would throw his trash bags out at the end of my driveway instead of going to the landfill. I put a camera up...saw who it was. Promptly saved his bags and some other odds and ends and then distributed them back in his yard. His dogs then had a grand ole time and they decided to help spread the love even more.

Latest posts

Back