• Help Support TNDeer:

Douglass Mid October?

Probably not going to be remotely a fisherman's destination this fall for a while. More than likely need to fish the ass end of creek arms where the water will be cleaner by then. And that is even if you can get a boat back there by then. Not sure if you have seen pics of Douglas the last few days…..it is unreal trashy. I am not exaggerating but you can literally walk across a lot of the lake now by just stepping on trees. Going to take a long time for those to waterlog again and sink to where it is safe to run.

1727893082758.webp

This is what Douglas looks like around Dandridge this morning.

I don't think it really hurts to ask. I live in Greene. I haven't hunted this season so far, because my permission farm is on the other side of the river where people need the bridge travel to stop if unnecessary. I could go another way, but then I feel like it would seem out of sorts to be able to when so many people are hurting.
But as far as the water; if you go wear some rubber gloves because it is full of nasty stuff. Diesel, gas, and death. So be safe.

Thanks for the honest advice. I really wanted this information from someone actually there because we didn't want to come at all if we were going to be in the way of recovery efforts. We will probably just leave the boat at home and spend the week in Knoxville with our daughter.

Thanks for the honest advice. I really wanted this information from someone actually there because we didn't want to come at all if we were going to be in the way of recovery efforts. We will probably just leave the boat at home and spend the week in Knoxville with our daughter.
I'd stay clear of Douglas and let people put their lives back together, mourn their dead, and figure things out.
Cherokee is very clear right now and Norris will probably be soon.

Latest posts

Back