• Help Support TNDeer:

Douglass Mid October?

All that debris is headed on down. Ft Loudon posted this picture. They said it wasn't in their budget to clean it up. Instead, they are moving it from the lock area and pushing it through the flood gates...aka, sending it on down to Watts Bar. They had all the flood gates open at Ft Loudon and Watts Bar dams yesterday. Lotta current on the water now. I'm giving it a few weeks before I even try venturing out, and maybe not even then.

Screenshot_20241003_012552_Facebook.webp

Pigeon Forge and gatlinburg running ads in mid Tn saying we're open come on down and y'all jumping on this guy for asking a simple question 🤔
Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg didn't get hit in this disaster. More power to them in letting folks know that they aren't impacted and coming won't hinder the recovery for those that were.

The info request was sort of like asking if the Candy Kitchen was open the day after the Gatlinburg fires. There was nothing at all wrong in asking the question. Doing it then while they were still in search and rescue mode looking for survivors/bodies in the Douglas headwaters was pretty tone deaf.

Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg didn't get hit in this disaster. More power to them in letting folks know that they aren't impacted and coming won't hinder the recovery for those that were.

The info request was sort of like asking if the Candy Kitchen was open the day after the Gatlinburg fires. There was nothing at all wrong in asking the question. Doing it then while they were still in search and rescue mode looking for survivors/bodies in the Douglas headwaters was pretty tone deaf.
👍🏻

TVA stretched a boom across Douglas to catch some of the debris. From looking at the map it appears to be about a mile above Dandridge from just above Koontz Creek across to the bluff on the south side.

TVA stretched a boom across Douglas to catch some of the debris. From looking at the map it appears to be about a mile above Dandridge from just above Koontz Creek across to the bluff on the south side.
After they catch the debris, what will be done with it? Drag to shore and use excavators to pick it up? Wait for it to sink?

Seems like a logistical nightmare

Tone Deaf? So Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge discussion questions are ok but not Dandrigde? Who was being recovered in the town of Dandrigde? How many homes were lost in Dandrigde? This place was a great place at one time. I spent many years on here making great friends and memories. I understand why so many have left. And why were you on a Fishing message board and not out physically helping with the recovery? I thought you were a game warden not the morality police.

Last edited:
Tone Deaf? So Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge discussion questions are ok but not Dandrigde? Who was being recovered in the town of Dandrigde? How many homes were lost in Dandrigde? This place was a great place at one time. I spent many years on here making great friends and memories. I understand why so many have left. And why were you on a Fishing message board and not out physically helping with the recovery? I thought you were a game warden not the morality police.
Hey dumbass, I retired almost ten years ago.

Keep digging your hole a little deeper.

And you did what to help?
Never acted like I did. I simply wanted to know the forecast of future conditions of an area my family plans to visit. You know like normal people ask before they drive half way across the state for a vacation with their family. How would you suggest I have gotten that information. I assumed that friendly locals on a fishing message board might have done actual local insite. And several private messaged with tons of great advice. They didn't post on the board because of people like you. As a matter of fact I've come to the realization from the responses I've gotten privately that not many on here really like you or your attitude at all. How do you get information about areas your family is traveling to? You ever gotten information and the wisely cancelled? Probably best for you to STFU

As I said earlier, there was zero wrong with you asking the question. The timing sucked. If you can't understand that, then you are pretty oblivious. Glad you got the info you were needing.

Have a better evening, and thank goodness for the idiot stripe on here.

As I said earlier, there was zero wrong with you asking the question. The timing sucked. If you can't understand that, then you are pretty oblivious. Glad you got the info you were needing.

Have a better evening, and thank goodness for the idiot stripe on here.
Typical Retired Government employee.

Back