• Help Support TNDeer:

Elite series at KY lake

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Just saw someone say something on facebook and thought it was odd.
The final day is on Monday?
Someone else said 4 or 5 tournaments this year do that.
They fish Friday through Sunday and then only the top 12 fish on the final day?

Wouldn't that pretty much kill the turnout for the final day weigh in?

What I know about tournament fishing and $2.00 will buy you a coke but that just seemed kinda odd to me.

I saw a billboard for it in Paris. I am not surprised. 4 day tournaments are standard these days so expecting huge crowds every day probably isn't expected. They never really show the crowds that much anyhow. This will be a true test of how the fishing is on Ky Lake. Curious if there will be the 80 to 90 lb bags this year like years past.

JimFromTN":1vkcmw5p said:
I saw a billboard for it in Paris. I am not surprised. 4 day tournaments are standard these days so expecting huge crowds every day probably isn't expected. They never really show the crowds that much anyhow. This will be a true test of how the fishing is on Ky Lake. Curious if there will be the 80 to 90 lb bags this year like years past.

From what I have been hearing & seeing coupled with the weather forecast I would say not a chance in hades anyone will have anywhere near 80 pounds.

Saw 4-5 boats at jville,must be practicing

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

bluball":m6drv1mo said:

I'm sure, I talked to stretch yesterday and he ate breakfast at Esha's yesterday morning and Ott DeFoe was in there eating breakfast.

JimFromTN":23ie3fkp said:

with some of the best in the world fishing at summer pool and with the spawn on, im gonna say at least 50 pounds the end of first 2 days.

RUGER":2fl0qtbq said:
bluball":2fl0qtbq said:

I'm sure, I talked to stretch yesterday and he ate breakfast at Esha's yesterday morning and Ott DeFoe was in there eating breakfast.
Dang that would be cool.Dont know alot of the bass pro guys,but i know who Ott DeFoe is.

bluball":cyzh58hx said:
RUGER":cyzh58hx said:
bluball":cyzh58hx said:

Dang that would be cool.Dont know alot of the bass pro guys,but i know who Ott DeFoe is.

I know more than I used to. I got addicted to watching the Jack Links Major League fishing deal on tv.
I love that stuff. :D

I bet Mike Iaconelli would be a HOOT to fish or hang out with.
That guy is a straight up NUT. LOL

Back to back tourneys so they move it to Friday-Monday for an extra travel day.

I'll say less than 80 wins it. Bust one good sack over 20 and average 18 the other 3 days.

Thanks I may drive over and catch the weigh in.

I went over last week end for the Crappiethon weigh in....
I guess I should have looked at the advertisement closer , since the tourneyment ended on Saturday and I drove over on Sunday. LOL

We have a place on blood river and I always just drive out to the mouth and sit and watch the pros run up and down and scan the ledges. Very cool to watch. If they sit and fish, I wait until they leave and then go and scan what they were on. I don't fish it because I don't wanna jack up their plan but I just wanna see what they saw and where fishing. If I sit there long enough, several different pros will run and scan the ledges there at the mouth and its cool to watch how they all do it a little differently. I'm not chasing them all over the lake. Been to that weigh in a few times. Weigh in is uneventful and crowded and definitely not hanging around till Monday, however the events and booths are pretty fun for the kids to see.

And for weight, the high water over the last week sent bass on fire and shallow. Tourney out of paris landing had 15 boats with over 20lb sacks. I bet the winner hits 90 with lots of sacks in the 80's. There is always a 10lber caught by one of them.

In the past this has always been in June. Post spawn fish out on the ledges. My huge issue with this is that the spawn is late this year and a ton of spawning female fish are fixing to be caught, rode around in a rough lake for 8 hours, and then dumped at Paris landing. After the tourney lots of floating bass are found. Really bad for the spawn.

RUGER":36zkr1wk said:
bluball":36zkr1wk said:

A buddy of mine was out at his dock cleaning up his pontoon when he looked up and KVD was working his way up the docks tossing a spinner bait. I have never watched the pros but may go down Sunday or Monday.

TRIGGER":3150igoa said:
RUGER":3150igoa said:
bluball":3150igoa said:

A buddy of mine was out at his dock cleaning up his pontoon when he looked up and KVD was working his way up the docks tossing a spinner bait. I have never watched the pros but may go down Sunday or Monday.
I cant fish,off limits for the american crappie trail starts friday.Cant be on lake for 10days.We signed up gor the american crappie trail back in dec. where i couldnt chicken out.Wish i could chicken out cause we have been struggling catching crappie[emoji23]

jard":2260tn8n said:
. After the tourney lots of floating bass are found. Really bad for the spawn.

now now now, you haven't been paying attention around here.
Bass tournaments NEVER kill a fish silly!!!

:rotf: :rotf:

RUGER":2lslv6jk said:
jard":2lslv6jk said:

The majority of fish that die are in the summer where there caught deep. Any tournament June-August should have a requirement to attend a class on how to fizz and tend to fish. IMO

TRIGGER":1z6ne1ae said:
RUGER":1z6ne1ae said:
jard":1z6ne1ae said:

The majority of fish that die are in the summer where there caught deep. Any tournament June-August should have a requirement to attend a class on how to fizz and tend to fish. IMO

No doubt about that.
They are hard to keep alive when you pull them up from down deep.

Latest posts

Back